This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

Hong Kong/Magnificent Tower Film.Co production, made in Taiwan, directed, scripted and choreographed by Wong Fei-Lung(Crazy Guy With Kung Fu). For this write-up, I watched the UNCUT version for the very first time. The older heavily cropped R2 DVD release omitting some drug use, one nunchaku sequence, and some small minor MA techniques. Despite the print I owned being trimmed in parts, I still recall enjoying this movie, but will it still hold up over a decade later?.

Recently wrote down some thoughts on the Ho Chung Tao(Bruce Li) actioner, Deadly Strike. For those interested in reading my thoughts on this one, please click on the link below, THANK YOU.

Captain Lua(Ho Chung Tao), fights for his life against Fan Tu-Wi(Chan Sing), in the films finale.

k5b8c-J4H08QTFWST-Full-Image_GalleryBack

816BiVP-iVL._RI_.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

How odd...they're calling it Fist of Fury II but the stills and cast list are from Fist of Fury III

Happens a lot with Bruceploitation items, on theatrical poster's, VHS/DVD covers. For year's, the people selling these films, just didnt really care, as long as they turned a profit. There's people making a lot more effort now, with some of the Bu-Ray releases.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, DragonClaws said:

Is this Bruce Le(Huang Kin Lung) pictured with Bruce Lee's friend Wong Sheung Leung?. He appears to be using one of the the muscle stimulator's that the Little Dragon helped to popularize at the time.

bruce_lee_wong.JPG

yeah that's Wang King Lung and W.S. Leung (who was, as you know, not only friend but also the Wing Chun instructor of the true Bruce Lee: they said Leung was the only one who Bruce didnt won in a sparring).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, yiyuen said:

yeah that's Wang King Lung and W.S. Leung (who was, as you know, not only friend but also the Wing Chun instructor of the true Bruce Lee: they said Leung was the only one who Bruce didnt won in a sparring).

I know WSL appeared in one or maybe two of Le's early films, so it was probably taken around that time?. Though Im sure the two new each other pre to this, both being legit Martial Artists.

Appreciated the little fact you psted on Meng Fei too, about his heritage.

You know your stuff.

58 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I know WSL appeared in one or maybe two of Le's early films, so it was probably taken around that time?. Though Im sure the two new each other pre to this, both being legit Martial Artists.

Appreciated the little fact you psted on Meng Fei too, about his heritage.

You know your stuff.

You know your stuff too, since I didnt knew sifu Leung worked in two Le movies (they're so old in my memory I cant recall). Actually I woulndt bet Leung and Le knew each other before to work on a movie, since the former was HK "King of Bei Mo" (streetfighintg) and Le was more a Macau-based stuntman than an accomplished martialist. More than this I wonder why Leung appeared on those junkies (funny films, okay, but obviously B movie) while he refused to star in Game of Death. As far as I know, Leung answered to Bruce he didn't need movies for living, he was a satisfied and accomplished sifu (as reported also on WIKI). You know, those guys were crazies! thanx for your attention.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yiyuen said:

More than this I wonder why Leung appeared on those junkies (funny films, okay, but obviously B movie) while he refused to star in Game of Death. As far as I know, Leung answered to Bruce he didn't need movies for living, he was a satisfied and accomplished sifu (as reported also on WIKI). You know, those guys were crazies! thanx for your attention.  

Maybe he needed the money at the time?, or maybe it was just a favour for a friend?.

A few more shots, of Hung Kin Lung and Wong Shun Leung together @saltysam and @yiyuen

wong-altmitlee.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Beautiful vintage photos I really appreciate. Yeah, its possible Leung was doing a favour to someone else than Bruce Le, in HK this kind of things happened all the way. I saw the gym while I was in HK in 2007, it was close (I only saw from the outside street). Anyway this movie get released in Italy as IL COLPO SEGRETO DI BRUCE LEE (transl. The secret strike of Bruce Lee) and I can still remember a school mate of mine having the poster in his room and referring to it as a real Lee film. Well we were 13 yeard ols, just kids. The poster showed Le hitting hard killing Lo Lieh. I knew it was not real Lee but I wanted kill my schoolmate and steal that poster, back in 70's the memorabilia about this kind of cinema were simply not existing in Italy. Great photos. Thanx

Edited by yiyuen
  • Like 1

A quick question for @NoKUNGFUforYU, with Michael Worth putting a lot of effort and time into restore some old school Kung Fu flicks. How do will these future releases, avoid ending up on YouTube?. With some other fans have got to great length to create customs, only for them to appear on Torrent sites etc.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
On 9/2/2018 at 9:35 AM, Killer Meteor said:

How odd...they're calling it Fist of Fury II but the stills and cast list are from Fist of Fury III

some back to the future mandela effect going on there.

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 9/5/2018 at 10:58 AM, DragonClaws said:

A quick question for @NoKUNGFUforYU, with Michael Worth putting a lot of effort and time into restore some old school Kung Fu flicks. How do will these future releases, avoid ending up on YouTube?. With some other fans have got to great length to create customs, only for them to appear on Torrent sites etc.

I know some of those sites and I have told people on them that I am not planning on putting them up there. For a time I put stuff on Youtube that I had done, but that scum from the Exploration Group LLC claims movies he has no claim to, but Youtube allows it. Basically you have to be careful. Also, sooner or later the official version comes out or FLK makes something. Also, some of the guys that do customs I just trade with directly, instead of posting on ADC, etc.

• Like 1