This is still BRUCEPLOITATION

ThunderScore

DragonClaws

Bruce+Lee+in+New+Guinea-1978-b.jpg

Slight nod to the Snake In The Eagles Shadow poster, with the image of the man at the centre of the poster.

%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AB%E0%

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

Interesting discovery I made watching Death By Misadventure

They use clips from some Bruce Li movies to show scenes from Bruce Lee's life and one of the clips from Bruce Lee: A Dragon Story (1974) uses a different dub to the one on the DVDs. The other clips are the familar "Shao Lung" dub with Lo Wei sounding like a dalek who smokes too much, but here it seems to have been redubbed in Europe by the same team who did Goodbye Bruce Lee

See here at 2:35

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
13 hours ago, lungfei said:

wicked sound effects in this one

the pagoda fights!!! wow..

so this came out way before game of death?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
12 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

so this came out way before game of death?

This was one of the last Game Of Death inspired films from the first wave of Bruceploitation. It's almost like a re-make of the Robert Clouse directed/scripted Game Of Death in parts.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 04/08/2017 at 1:29 PM, DragonClaws said:

This was one of the last Game Of Death inspired films from the first wave of Bruceploitation. It's almost like a re-make of the Robert Clouse directed/scripted Game Of Death in parts.

very blatantly so from watching it my man, but i assumed it was made before Clouse's version because i'm sure i read that some GOD sploitation flicks came out or were made prior to GOD release, can you confirm this dragon?

maybe i got it from the city on fire website during the promo for the game of death book (never to be released).

• Like 1

DragonClaws
21 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

very blatantly so from watching it my man, but i assumed it was made before Clouse's version because i'm sure i read that some GOD sploitation flicks came out or were made prior to GOD release, can you confirm this dragon?

Enter The Game Of Death and Goodbye Bruce Lee His Last Game Of Death were out before Clouse's version. Lee's original idea had been copied so much by the time they made the 1978 film. That Robert Clouse etc, wanted to come up with a whole new story/angle, hence the Billy Lo movie star hounded by organised crime plot.

Maybe Golden Harvest and Clouse would have gone for a movie closer to Lees original idea, if those explotation flicks handn't already come out?.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, saltysam said:

What a crazy movie True Game Of Death is. Not a bad print on that youtube link either, very impressed.

Picked up a second hand VHS copy in my teens, for the huge sum three pounds. The print was one of the worst I've ever viewed, full screen grainy print, with terrible audio. The one on YouTube, looks likes its been digitally restored/remastered in camprison. We might not be in the middle of the 70's Kung Fu boom, but its not a good time to be a fan of bruceploitation, with the various restored/UNCUT fan projects/releases we can get on DVD/Blu-Ray.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Picked up a second hand VHS copy in my teens, for the huge sum three pounds. The print was one of the worst I've ever viewed, full screen grainy print, with terrible audio. The one on YouTube, looks likes its been digitally restored/remastered in camprison. We might not be in the middle of the 70's Kung Fu boom, but its not a good time to be a fan of bruceploitation, with the various restored/UNCUT fan projects/releases we can get on DVD/Blu-Ray.

print comes from here https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Kung-Double-Pack-Vol/dp/B0060ANZTW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502045527&sr=8-2&keywords=true+game+of+death

• Like 1

i've read that disc is incorrectly ordered and when watching True Game Of Death it switches back to the menu with 10 minutes left. Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, saltysam said:

i've read that disc is incorrectly ordered and when watching True Game Of Death it switches back to the menu with 10 minutes left. Can anyone confirm this?

yeah the ifo files are dodgy on the disc but the vobs play fine.

DragonClaws

While this might not be strictly Bruceploitation, The Super Gang does star none other than Hung Kin Lung(Bruce Le).

Anyone interested in my thoughts on this title, can click on the link below, thank you.

61p8gryfcDL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 1