LOGAN: Wolverine (2017)

thekfc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty great movie - very dark, very brutal (in more than one way), very bleak - and also incredibly well acted, moving, exciting and heartening.

It's not what I would call an action movie (although there are action scenes in it) but don't let that put you off - this is one hell of a superhero flick.

(BTW, there is no post credits scene, so feel free to 1) leave immediately or 2) sit and enjoy some Johnny Cash as the credits roll)...

But:

http://www.slashfilm.com/secret-logan-trailer/

(Note: it wasn't shown at my screening).

Drunken Monk

Superb film. One of the best superhero films ever made, in my opinion. It's mature, brutal, emotional, interesting and funny in places. The plot is genuinely interesting and the addition of Charles Xavier makes it even more compelling.
It's not completely devoid of tropes and cliches. The whole "mute kid" thing is a little obvious and gets a little trying but those tropes there are are housed in such solid film making that they don't really cause much bother. Excellent film. Definitely one of this year's best so far.

Fantastic movie,well made and great brutal action.One of the best super hero movies I've seen,even if you are not into marvel comic book movies I think you will not be disappointed with this.Go check It out????

Jumping straight onto the praise train too, what a bloody great film! One of the best I've seen this year so far in fact. Jackman is obviously in his element, but stretched more so as an an actor than is any other Wolverine film, adding real heft and gravitas to the character building scenes so that when he gets brutal - and believe me, it gets very, VERY brutal - it's justified and, unlike so many action scenes these days, helps to develop the story rather than simply slotting into the middle of it. Definitely watch it on the biggest screen you can, I will be again shortly!

Archived