Zatoichi Monogatari (TV) series:

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

I just received this 2 disc DVD yesterday and I got to watch the 1st. episode last night and it was Great just like the movies, Great storyline, Great Action scenes.

Media Blasters did a really good job with the Sound, Sub-T's, the Picture Quality was good to excellent at times considering it was taken from a TV series with old print, I just hope they do really good on sales and that they continue to release the rest of the series on DVD.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I just got this and watched the first episode last night as well. Really good, great subs, and excellent audio/visual quality considering it's a 30 year old tv show. Although I love the Ifukube scores from the movies, I was enjoying the more "modern" score with this one, with some groovin' 70's electric guitar :) . I'll definitely pick up future volumes of this.

Guest limubai2000

Just ordered mine today, thanks for the review that convinced me. My wallet is shuddering in fear of the damage these will do...

Guest kungfusamurai

I'm kind of reluctant to invest in them now, because they will eventually get sold as a box set or two and I'd rather get them that way.

KFS

Guest Daisho2004

Well I just finished the 1st. series of this DVD collection, and I don't know about the rest of you but I can't ever get enough of Zatoichi, there were 5 episodes on these 2 disc's my faovrite was episode #2 "The Flower That Bloomed With the Lullaby", everytime that there is a child in one of his movies I tend to think there are much better and this one was one of my favorites even more so than some of the movies. Even though they are only 45-50min episodes they are Great. I hope that MB puts out the entire collection.

KFS: DeepDiscountDVD.com has the best prices and yes I would like to get the entire collection as a box set, but it will still even out unless you wait for the sale's which come about every 6mon. and then you'll get an extra 20% off, then I could see waiting for them. But I'll buy them now, as soon as there released.

Guest RANDY1974

have any of you guys noticed the subtitle drop outs in a few episodes.It has to be intentional when ichi is having a coinverstsion with the old man in the one with the child and in a few others, the characters rambel for almost 1:30 seconds and NO SUBS, i cjecked over and over and even my buddy has the same drop outs in the same spots.Just sees to be lazy subtitling on the part of Media Blasters, it is very noticable in a few of the episodes when thiere are long winded converstions going on and the subs don't appear for a long period of time.Anyone else noticed this yet?

Guest kungfusamurai

Can anyone else comment on this apparent drop in subtitles? Has anyone else had the problem? If there are subtitling issues with the TV series, I'd like to know ahead of time in case they decide to reissue the set with the correction.

KFS

Guest Daisho2004

KFS, yeah I had one problem with the same thing but it wasn't any real issue, it was for about 10seconds. I don't remember what episode it was but it wasn't in all the movies and I have all 3 disks that have been released thus far.

Guest kungfusamurai

Thanks for that information. I was beginning to worry that the whole series was going to be marred with missing subs and other technical glitches.

KFS

Guest Daisho2004

I just finished watching the 3rd. volume of this series and they are all Great can't get enough of them, some episode are even better then the full length movies. This are a must have to add to your collection.

Archived