Power Rangers Ninja Steel (2017)

AlbertV

This past Saturday, the 23rd season of the Power Rangers franchise, Dino Supercharge, premiered on Nick. A few weeks ago, Saban and Nick have extended their partnership through 2018 and on January 4, Saban trademark what will be the next PR season. They are skipping ToQger (Thank God because that was one of the weakest Super Sentai Series IMO) and are delving right into Ninninger, which airs its final episode this weekend in Japan. 

The new series will be called: Power Rangers Ninja Steel

The plot for the series according to Nick seems like a meshing of ninjas and get this...the game show?!

Saban's Power Rangers Ninja Steel starts deep in space, where Zircon is the reigning champion of the most popular intergalactic game show in the universe, and monsters battle to prove who is the mightiest warrior. Zircon is determined to become invincible by controlling the mythical Spirit Crystal, which contains six supernatural Ninja Power Throwing Stars. The only thing standing in his way is a new team of heroic teenage Power Rangers who possess the Spirit Crystal. The evil Zircon sends his warrior contestants down to Earth to steal the Crystal, where each epic battle against the Rangers is broadcast throughout the universe. Together, the Rangers must master their arsenal of Throwing Stars, Zords and Megazords, each made of legendary ninja steel, in order to stop this evil threat and save our planet from destruction.

I don't know if this is the best idea to use for a PR series. I think this is one they should have adapted the original series, which the Rangers are cousins and fight yokai to earn the title of Last Ninja. The game show idea might not be a good thing, but I guess it's one year away, so who knows?

H/T: Anime News Network

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

power-rangers-ninja-steel-yellow-ranger.

The new Rangers:

Will Shewfelt as Brody, the Red Ranger
Peter Sudarso as Preston, the Blue Ranger (Peter's older brother Yoshi played the Blue Ranger on PR: Dino Charge, which recently ended)
Nico Greetham as Calvin, the Yellow Ranger
Chrystiane Lopes as Sarah, the Pink Ranger
Zoe Robins as Hayley, the White Ranger

Jacktheripper

Haven't seen PR in ages, watched a lot of the Japanese Super Sentai when I was in uni, that was about 10 years back. Prefer the old Saban era before it switched over to Disney.

On 12/25/2016 at 9:19 AM, Jacktheripper said:

Haven't seen PR in ages, watched a lot of the Japanese Super Sentai when I was in uni, that was about 10 years back. Prefer the old Saban era before it switched over to Disney.

Disney's last PR series was Power Rangers: RPM. Saban bought the rights back afterwards and from Power Rangers Samurai, it's been all Saban.

Jacktheripper

One of my fave seasons was Lightspeed Rescue, remember watching that on Fox Kids all summer back in 2001, also Time Force wasn't bad either. 

The pilot episode premiered this past Saturday. Interesting story of young Ninja master Brody, who was kidnapped ten years ago with the Ninja Nexus Prism by Galvanax, who attempts to use a "game show" (?!) to have warriors attempt to access the power stars inside the prism. Brody escapes with the Prism back to Earth and in the pilot, meets high schoolers Preston, an aspiring magician and new student Sarah, a hoverboard rider and they become the first three to access the Power stars to become the first of the new Ninja Steel Rangers. Brody now intends to find his long lost brother Aiden, who was tasked by their father, Master Dane, to guard the precious Ninja steel, which Galvanax wants.

Here's the opening:

Episode 2 "Forged in Steel" officially introduces us to high school couple Calvin (Nico Greetham) and Hayley (Zoe Robins), who after helping Mick, a shapeshifting mechanic who is also Brody's friend from space, help him hide out at the high school, only for Mick to become the new shop teacher?! Meanwhile, Brody, Preston, and Sarah attempt to find Brody's brother Aiden and the Ninja Steel. When both are missing, Brody discovers the Ninja Steel is hiding in a martial arts trophy that his father won for the high school. When Galvanax sends his latest warrior to find the Ninja Steel, Calvin and Hayley prove themselves worthy of becoming the new Yellow and White Power Rangers. They join forces with the other three to officially become the Ninja Steel Rangers. With the power of the Ninja Steel, Mick is able to help the Rangers access their Zords for the first time. They are able to beat the Galvanax's warrior and discover the Gold Ninja Power Star is missing from the Nexus Prism, meaning someone was already chosen (My prediction: Brody's brother Aiden is going to be the Gold Ranger), and they now have a new secret base, the broken paint station of the auto shop (thanks to bumbling students Victor and Monty). 

To be continued...

Archived