List of 30 Sammo Hung Movies to Enjoy.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

How is Twinkle Twinkle  Lucky Stars not on that list anywhere? Hand of Death and Ip Man 2 should be bumped for that or Slickers Vs Killers or The Pantyhose Hero or Owl Vs Bombo.

1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

How is Twinkle Twinkle  Lucky Stars not on that list anywhere? Hand of Death and Ip Man 2 should be bumped for that or Slickers Vs Killers or The Pantyhose Hero or Owl Vs Bombo.

Agreed. Hand of Death (for example) is fun, but I don't necessarily see it as a must see Sammo flick. Not that it's not must see. I just think of it as more of an ensemble piece with Sammo anchoring the cast but not necessarily being at the forefront.

The guy mentions that he started as an extra in Shaws' movies, but he began as a child in old Cantonese martial arts/opera movies with the Seven Little Fortunes and he already was easily recognizable and noticeable among the other ones.

Isn't it in Warriors two that he plays with Lily Li ? This one is a very good one.

masterofoneinchpunch
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

The guy mentions that he started as an extra in Shaws' movies, but he began as a child in old Cantonese martial arts/opera movies with the Seven Little Fortunes and he already was easily recognizable and noticeable among the other ones.

Isn't it in Warriors two that he plays with Lily Li ? This one is a very good one.

As far as I can figure Sammo and Lily Li (李麗麗) were only in Six Assassins (1971) and Those Merry Souls (1985).  Warriors Two is a great film and one of my favorites.  I've lent that one out several times.  Love the Wing Chun in that one.  Glad that one is in the top 30 as it is in mine.

But you are right he has no idea where Sammo started his career in the movies.  I find both him and Mars really easy to spot as kids/adults.

Archived