How to Quote a Post from a Different Thread?

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Ok, I know I'm a moderator so should know this, shame on me.  But how do I quote a post from another thread?

To be specific, I want to post a review I wrote in the 'Last Classic Martial Arts Movie' thread into the 'January Mutual Review' thread.  The post contains pictures and an embedded video, but I'm having real difficulty figuring out exactly how to do it.

@SMK or @KUNG FU BOB - Your words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch
3 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Ok, I know I'm a moderator so should know this, shame on me.  But how do I quote a post from another thread?

To be specific, I want to post a review I wrote in the 'Last Classic Martial Arts Movie' thread into the 'January Mutual Review' thread.  The post contains pictures and an embedded video, but I'm having real difficulty figuring out exactly how to do it.

@SMK or @KUNG FU BOB - Your words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:34 AM, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

12552821_10156392894475333_7455369879733

GD Y-Y

Hello One-Armed Boxer.  Click on the + (multiquote) button.  Go to the thread you want to.  Look at the bottom right there is a floating button (Quote 1 post) -- the number can change.  Click on that button (that button will follow you around).  You can see I quoted a young Fung Hark-on aka Fung Hak-on aka Cheekbones from a completely different area..

masterofoneinchpunch

Thanks.  I hate when forums do not have a multiquote button (I get around this by copying and pasting.)  I've also been both an admin and a mod in the past so I know the software pretty good (even the hidden admin/mod software that us muggles do not get to see.)

Secret Executioner

@SMK: that's a possibility, but if you want to quote a post from the middle of page 3 of a10-page long thread, I can see problems. That works out well if you want to refer to a different thread as a whole though. :cool 

19 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

That works out well if you want to refer to a different thread as a whole though.

That's exactly how this would work best. I just wanted to point it out. :BL-Thanks:

Archived