Identify this movie please.

Guest Godfrey Ho

Guest Godfrey Ho

Im really stumped on this movie, and Im sure someone here can help.

I just remember a foreign guy having dinner with a japanese family, and they are cutting of the head of a live lobster at the dinner table.

Second they barry him up to his head for 5 days and theres leeches on his head.

Sorry I cant give more details but it must have been atlest 10 years since I`ve seen the movie.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

You could be remembering the film The Challenge. It starred Scott Glenn who gets suckered into going to Japan to accompany an ancient sword, and gets caught in the middle of a family dispute. Toshiro Mifune is also in it. Steven Seagal choregraphed the fight scenes, which consisted of Aikido and swordplay.

There is a scene where Glenn gets drunk with the family and other people eating a dinner that consisted of lots of live creatures (how come you only see that kind of cuisine in Hollywood depictions of Eastern cultures?). Later on, he has to prove his worth to the family by standing buried in the ground up to his neck. I don't know about leaches. There was a rat that he scares off at one point. And he tries to eat a bug.

Now that I think of it, I do remember the lobster being broken in half and placed in front of Glenn. So that definitely is the movie you're thinking of - The Challenge.

KFS

Guest kungfusamurai

Amazon doesn't have it listed, so its not available in North America. I don't know if there are boots floating around or if its made in Europe or Asia.

KFS

Archived