Flash Point: Resurgence (2025) - Donnie Yen

DiP

I'd like for Donnie to patch things up with Vincent Zhao and see them go at it.

Since the 2000s, we've seen: 

Donnie vs Jet

Donnie vs Jackie (×2)

Donnie vs Wu Jing

Donnie vs Sammo (x2)

Donnie vs Andy On (x2)

Donnie vs Nicolas Tse

Donnie vs Max Zhang

Donnie vs Collin Chou

Donnie vs Chris Collins

Donnie vs Scott Adkins

Donnie vs Keanu Reeves

9 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

What are the chances of them casting Collin Chou and recreating magic?

I haven't seen Collin Chou in action for a long time. So the likelihood of them reuniting is slim at this point. But we can only hope for the best.

One match-up I still want to see happen is Donnie Yen Vs Mark Dacascos! Both guys are in their 60s and yet are incredibly amazing for keeping up their action performances without missing a beat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I'm all for it. However, Donnie has stated that he will never work with Zhao again. It's so sad.

27 minutes ago, DiP said:

I'm all for it. However, Donnie has stated that he will never work with Zhao again. It's so sad.

Seems like Zhao lost out. It could've ressucitated his film career.

I bet Donnie could do something good with Phillip Ng or Eddie Peng.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
23 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Since the 2000s, we've seen: 

Donnie vs Jet

Donnie vs Jackie (×2)

Donnie vs Wu Jing

Donnie vs Sammo (x2)

Donnie vs Andy On (x2)

Donnie vs Nicolas Tse

Donnie vs Max Zhang

Donnie vs Collin Chou

Donnie vs Chris Collins

Donnie vs Scott Adkins

Donnie vs Keanu Reeves

We also sat Donnie against Phillip Ng in Enter the Fat Dragon, even though it was spoofing another fight. I'd actually love to see Ng fight Donnie again. I think they could pull off something special.

14 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

What did Vincent Zhao do to Donnie?

Long story short... Zhao claimed the studio execs violated a clause in his contract by changing the script and reducing his role because they didn't like him being onboard. This led to Zhao dropping out and holding a few press conferences where he publicly blamed the studio execs (without mentioning Donnie at all) for making changes without Zhao's consent.

After that, two persons (the original director of Special ID, and an actor who was fired from the production) go their way out, in support of Zhao, by holding their own press conferences stating the same thing. What happens then is that Zhao held another press conference where he revealed the reason for leaving the production: Donnie and his behavior onset (he never mentioned nor accused the studio execs ever again). Donnie responded by expressing his disappointment in Zhao (considering that Zhao got the chance to be onboard thanks to Donnie), and challenged him to court. Zhao ducked the challenge, lived his life forsaking the controversy, but kept making claims about Donnie being tyranical and negatively improvising onset in interviews. Donnie opted by taking the original director (Tan Bing) to court twice instead, and won all cases suing for slander and defamation.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

12 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

We also sat Donnie against Phillip Ng in Enter the Fat Dragon, even though it was spoofing another fight. I'd actually love to see Ng fight Donnie again. I think they could pull off something special.

Seems like everyone has forgotten about Chasing the Dragon. That shows how underrated the movie is. :tongueout

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, DiP said:

Seems like everyone has forgotten about Chasing the Dragon. That shows how underrated the movie is. :tongueout

God damn, how many wigs are in that! Was Oprah handing them out that day or something.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, DiP said:

I do wonder if Sleeping Dogs will ever get made! :( Not that I don't welcome a Flash Point sequel but Sleeping Dogs is movie ready! I want to see him eating copious amounts of Curry Fish Balls, washing it down with litres of Dragon Kick while beating up vampires and stealing bikes.

• Like 1

Last update on Sleeping Dogs was two years ago. I think it's still in development. They better hurry up because Donnie ain't getting any younger, and the lead character is supposed to be around his early 20s.

• Like 1