$30,000.00 Bruce Lee watch.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`m still holding out for some Bruce Lee underwear, that is fun to wear. :monk_laughing:

It`s a watch! If someone has that kind of money to spend on a watch then they have too much money to spend. Crazy!

But, I did not see anything about that watch that really said to me "Bruce Lee". It could be any watch as far as that goes. You would at least expect an image of Bruce or something. Now, if that watch was $25, I might buy it. It looks snazzy. 

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
16 hours ago, reason108 said:

I did not see anything about that watch that really said to me "Bruce Lee".

The watch band evokes his famous yellow track suit, otherwise I'd 100% agree. :smile

11 hours ago, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

The watch band evokes his famous yellow track suit, otherwise I'd 100% agree. :smile

Here is the other thing they said:

"An intricate dragon motif on the dial pays homage to Lee’s famous emblem, made iconic with “Enter the Dragon,” the martial arts film released just days after his death in 1973, at the age of 32."

"The dial’s sapphire backside has a skeleton motif with “75” inscribed underneath an icon of Lee positioned midair in jeet kune do, the martial art he devised."

"Yellow and black — Lee’s favorite colors — also adorn the strap of alligator leather sewn on natural rubber."

I guess one would have to really know Bruce to "get it", perhaps. It is a nice watch though. Looks like the Lee Estate signed off on it so all is good. :BL-Laughing:  

Let's face it Bruce Lee has become an established BRAND for selling pretty much everything to the public. Or in this particular case to people who can afford it. While my opinion is fairly clear on the matter. I let everyone else decide for themselves.

As a side note Hublot did also a watch for Jet Li. Looking at these pics somebody sure did their marketing math :tongueout

brucelee_launch_13.jpg

brucelee_launch_12.jpg

Archived