Have Sword, Will Travel (1969)

Abbot Flash

Guest DAJIZZARIZZA

all i was getting at is that dubbers most of the time suck ,...i do not think they type cast dubbers the same way they do actors.

i rather have chinese actors dub these movies in ENGRISH...to me that would be awesome !!!

and i rather dubbing of any japanese movies be done by english speaking japanese

and so on ,.. it's like dubbing an all black movie with white actors or visa versa ,.. lol that's why it will never work.

i rather hear the cantonese language with feeling ,..or the Japanese grunting of a samurai as he speak ,.. than a overeducated speaking dubbing actor from america or britain.

LEARN FROM CHARLIE CHAN !!! ...he atleast tried to sound authentic.

one more time ,..LOL

Guest Markgway
i rather have chinese actors dub these movies in ENGRISH...to me that would be awesome !!!

Are you REALLY sure about that?

Check out the exruciating Chinglish dub for EXCELSIOR (a crappy basher starring Chang Yi).

Guest killer meteor

The dubs done in the US - Fists Of Fury, Fearless Fighters - are not bad

Frankly, I think it's a shame HK cinema was mostly just dubbed. I'm starting to get overkill symptoms from old skool Mandarin dubs because everyone sounds like the same three old people

Hidden

WOW! :eek:

That is amazing! ...and it looks so clear as well! Now, WHY on Earth aren't we getting more stuff like THIS here in the States? When Image re-releases this film, they should ADD this English dub to it! Then they'd have another winner on their hands! A little effort goes a long way! Thanks for sharing that clip! :cool:

Hidden

flashlegs has an english dub of HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL as well--but without the weird subs. as for image including the dub on a re-release i have already emailed them with that suggestion--so far no answer--i wouldn,t count on it. sorry to say but i believe the only way that dub version is coming to america is either by trade or PAN MEDIA.

What's the source of this print? An Arabic tape or something? I'm watching an audio dubbed version on a Celestial print and it's really great.

• Like 1

gravedigger666

is it flashlegs dub?I have seen" 4 swords" release of it and movie was almost great.only thing I disliked a bit chiang was left too faceless,same thing happens often in spaghetti westerns.man without history.4,5/5 from me anyway and essential for shaw junkies to see:)

• Like 1

gravedigger666

in image box set with water margin,vengeance is golden blade and wandering swordsman.great value for money release.

• Like 1

There were a number of Shaw movies that played recently on British television with there original dubs. I think this was one of them. There were around six I think. I can't remember all the titles at the moment but VENGEANCE was one of them.

• Like 1

flashlegs and jamal had english dubbed versions. its from an arabic print--as jamals version has arabic subtitles. i believe flashlegs redid a celestial print with the dub. i have been trying to work a deal with both these guys for a copy but so far no luck. so FALKOR could you make me a copy?

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
There were a number of Shaw movies that played recently on British television with there original dubs. I think this was one of them. There were around six I think. I can't remember all the titles at the moment but VENGEANCE was one of them.

Don't recall seeingg HSWT but they showed Vengeance!, Spiritual Boxer, Killer Clans, Two Champions of Shaolin and Disciples of the 36th Chamber

• Like 1

Don't recall seeingg HSWT but they showed Vengeance!, Spiritual Boxer, Killer Clans, Two Champions of Shaolin and Disciples of the 36th Chamber

Those are the ones there. I just happened to see a clip of HSWT somewhere and it was lumped in with some discs copied from those UK airplays.

• Like 1

They didn't show HSWT, its from another TV package, not a UK one.

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Hmmm another moment with Ti and Yellow flowers. Interesting. I guess I'll have to try to remember to look up the significance of yellow flowers one of these eons. 

Nice trailer, so what if it spoils some? :monk_toasting:

Interestingly, I have to wonder how the teenaged girls in the audiences reacted to the violence in this and something like Vengeance!  

• Like 2

bobostilllives

I love the English dub for this movie.  I refer to this voice group as the classic dubbers , as they were the best. I think they capture the emotion and the spirit of the characters just fine. I wish they would have dubbed every shaw brothers movie. the second crew was alright(FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS, WHAT PRICE HONESTY etc) but not as good as this bunch. the classic crew did lots of other fu movies as well, like FATAL FIST vs FATAL NEDLES etc.

• Like 2

Anyone else feel like this movie is a remake of Golden Swallow? 

A love triangle. David Chang channeling Jimmys Silver Roc. And instead of the Golden Dragon Gang you got the Flying Tiger Gang.

• Like 2