TALK THE TALK,WALK THE WALK

sym8

Out of all the martial artists we have loved to watch over the years who do you think could take care of themselves in a real situation.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one, not sure I have the time to list everyone who I think falls into this category.

Two that spring to mind are Chan Wai Man & Chan Sing, but I could go on and on listing names. Sammo Hung might be known for playing comedic roles, but he's another tough guy that could clearly look after himself. Then there's all the Martial Artists from the west to consider too.

11 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

Hwang Jang Lee :cool 

I agree if he couldn't kick your ass he would eagle claw it to death.

2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Tough one, not sure I have the time to list everyone who I think falls into this category.

Two that spring to mind are Chan Wai Man & Chan Sing, but I could go on and on listing names. Sammo Hung might be known for playing comedic roles, but he's another tough guy that could clearly look after himself. Then there's all the Martial Artists from the west to consider too.

I think I read somewhere that Chan Wai Man was a real badass and a triad member at some stage of his life,dont know if its true but I wouldn't want to tangle with him.

5 minutes ago, sym8 said:

I think I read somewhere that Chan Wai Man was a real badass and a triad member at some stage of his life,dont know if its true but I wouldn't want to tangle with him.

He was a triad member and has the genuine tattoo's to prove it. Nearly everyone in those old school Kung Fu films looked tough and Chan Wai Man was no exception.

Jimmy Wang Yu is well known to be a bit of a bad ass, ironically he didn't seem to be much of a martial artist or screen fighter. Something tells me Chen Kuan Tai could handle himself.

Of course Billy Chow and Benny the Jet.

As well as a being a mean mugging badass on screen, Billy Chow could definitely take care of himself in real life.

1646173260_1_3_aAJAEqYg.jpg

That's an awesome pic DM.

Another guy I think could fight although I haven't read any proof of it is Don Wong Tao.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
On January 14, 2016 at 4:26 PM, DragonClaws said:

He was a triad member and has the genuine tattoo's to prove it. Nearly everyone in those old school Kung Fu films looked tough and Chan Wai Man was no exception.

What DragonClaws said. 

Not only was CWM a triad, but the 2nd in command for the 14k triads for some years. CWM was a champion martial artist, western boxer and kick boxer.  Oh and he was a cop too. The guy was on point. And he's still in great shape pushing 72.  

I like to think Lo Mang could definitely take care of himself.  

Maybe more to the point would be take care of themselves in a situation with WHOM?  I'm pretty sure Dean Shek could kick MY ass unless he is already dead, lol

Ok, seriously...

Casanova

Norman Chu

Wilson Tong

Pops & the Liu guys

Cliff Lok

Philip Ko Fei

Tommy Lee (only if he is wearing his hunchback)

Jet Li

Donnie Yen

Yasuaki Kurata

Chiba

Hiroyuki Sanada

Angela Mao

Sho Kosugi

Tan Tao-liang

Kam Kong

Jason Pai Piao

Chen Shan

Ga Hoi

too many more....

On 16/01/2016 at 3:31 AM, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

What DragonClaws said. 

Not only was CWM a triad, but the 2nd in command for the 14k triads for some years. CWM was a champion martial artist, western boxer and kick boxer.  Oh and he was a cop too. The guy was on point. And he's still in great shape pushing 72.  

I like to think Lo Mang could definitely take care of himself.  

I think he lost his job in the police force due to his triad links Lady Jin Szu-Yi. Another guy that's clearly not just a great on screen fighter is Chang Shan.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
Just now, DragonClaws said:

I think he lost his job in the police force due to his triad links?.

That's right, DC.  I'm not sure what interview I read and/or saw in which he mentioned he was working as the equivalent of a prison guard... bad influences all over the place. He left both of those lives behind some years ago though. Besides acting every now and again, he's currently into the wine business (Smart, smart move. Wine is HUGE in China these days.)  

And I am sure Michael Jai White could definitely handle himself in a fight (just don't interrupt his kung fu... :laugh)

22 minutes ago, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

That's right, DC.  I'm not sure what interview I read and/or saw in which he mentioned he was working as the equivalent of a prison guard... bad influences all over the place. He left both of those lives behind some years ago though. Besides acting every now and again, he's currently into the wine business (Smart, smart move. Wine is HUGE in China these days.)  

And I am sure Michael Jai White could definitely handle himself in a fight (just don't interrupt his kung fu... :laugh)

The wine business is lot less dangerous too.

Another guy I should have mentioned earlier is Joe Lewis. He may not have had a spectacular film career but off screen that guy could fight.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The wine business is lot less dangerous too.

Another guy I should have mentioned earlier is Joe Lewis. He may not have had a spectacular film career but off screen that guy could fight.

(((( Crashes Cymbals ))))

Indeed, CWM will definitely keep those wine snobs in check. 

1 hour ago, laagi said:

No mention of Bruce Lee? Or did I simply miss that one...

I think we all know he could handle himself that's probably why no one has mentioned him,but I would have loved to have seen him in action.

Morgoth Bauglir

I think most of the old movie fighters could handle themselves in a scuffle.  Lily Li would probably kick my ass.  Jimmy Wang Yu and Ku Feng would wipe the floor with me. 

Would not want to see Chen Sing in a dark alley. Or a brightly lit alley. That was one bad cold-blooded motherfucker in The Himalayan. Looked like the rest of the cast was fearful of this guy. Dude could put fear in your heart with a stare then shred it up with them fierce tiger claws.

Used to think he was a bit oafy and slow. Found a new respect for his acting and straight brutality when he mixes it up.

On 17.1.2016 at 10:19 PM, sym8 said:

I think we all know he could handle himself that's probably why no one has mentioned him,but I would have loved to have seen him in action.

Like Father, Like Son (03:28)

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Like Father, Like Son (03:28)

This interview has always somewhat irked me because Brandon seems so comfortable making fun of the old, "cheesy" kung fu films. I know everybody does, but I'd always thought he'd have this massive respect for the genre because of his father.

Archived