The Revenant (2015)

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

'The Revenant 2016'

First of all what does 'revenant' mean.

Spell check does not recognize this word. WT?

I love westerns especially the old school spaghetti westerns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenant_(2015_film)

[rev-uh-nuh nt]

noun
a person who returns.
a person who returns as a spirit after death; ghost.
Origin of revenant

1820-1830

1820-30; < French: ghost, noun use of present participle of revenir to return, equivalent to re- re- + ven (ir) to come (< Latin venīre) + -ant -ant

The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.thumb.jpg.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

To add, Revenant means visible ghost or animated corpse who haunts the living.  The latter fits perfectly with the story. 

This is supposed to be a more brutal account of Hugh Glass' survival in the wilderness after being mauled by a bear and left for dead.  As much as I enjoy reading about Mountain Men and how brutal their survival could be, I'm skipping this one for more than a few reasons. 

Hope you like it. 

Hoping to see this with the other half. Tom Hardy choose to make this after Marvel turned him down. I'm not sure which Marvel related film/role he went for?. It's only playing in Odeon cinema's in the U.K for some reason.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Hoping to see this with the other half. Tom Hardy choose to make this after Marvel turned him down. I'm not sure which Marvel related film/role he went for?. It's only playing in Odeon cinema's in the U.K for some reason.

I was thinking the Punisher, but don't quote me Hardy's Marvel role DragonClaws. 

This film is currently in limited release here in the States (Oscar bait time.) Hardy has been getting a lot of good press for his bad guy in this. People think he's going to get the Oscar for it. 

I was thinking the Punisher, but don't quote me Hardy's Marvel role DragonClaws. 

This film is currently in limited release here in the States (Oscar bait time.) Hardy has been getting a lot of good press for his bad guy in this. People think he's going to get the Oscar for it. 

You might be right Lady Jin Szu, I remember hearing rumors about him being linked to Doctor Strange at one point?.

The Revenant looks very grim but there's some interesting looking shots in the trailer. Love the shot of the boat leaving the shore with the natives arrows flying by.

Archived