THE NIGHT OF THE CAT (aka KARATE AND THE KNIFE) (1973)

ThunderScore

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThunderScore

I watched this under the title NIGHT OF THE CAT.  It's not a martial arts film in any sense of the word.  Mods feel free to delete this thread...

• Administrator

I watched this under the title NIGHT OF THE CAT.  It's not a martial arts film in any sense of the word.  Mods feel free to delete this thread...

Still an interesting and amusing thread. I'll move it to a more appropriate section, but by no means should it be deleted. I'd never heard of the film before, and I'm sure many others will appreciate you bringing it to their attention.

So besides being "not a martial arts film in any sense of the word", was it any good?

“See a 110 lb. girl destroy a 500 lb. man”

I'd imagine that at 500 lbs. the guy might be bed-bound, and not too hard to "destroy". :laugh

ThunderScore

Still an interesting and amusing thread. I'll move it to a more appropriate section, but by no means should it be deleted. I'd never heard of the film before, and I'm sure many others will appreciate you bringing it to their attention.

So besides being "not a martial arts film in any sense of the word", was it any good?

“See a 110 lb. girl destroy a 500 lb. man”

I'd imagine that at 500 lbs. the guy might be bed-bound, and not too hard to "destroy". :laugh

He's a Big Boy, Johnny (a PLAN 9 reference) and she kinda does destroy him; he looks like a demented Dusty Rhodes (the wrestler) and makes a really loud noise as he hits the ground.  As for the quality of the movie, I'd say check out this link to find out everything you've ever wanted to know, but were too bored to care:

http://templeofschlock.blogspot.com/2011/11/mystery-movie-solved-karate-and-knife.html

• Administrator

He's a Big Boy, Johnny (a PLAN 9 reference) and she kinda does destroy him; he looks like a demented Dusty Rhodes (the wrestler) and makes a really loud noise as he hits the ground.  As for the quality of the movie, I'd say check out this link to find out everything you've ever wanted to know, but were too bored to care:

http://templeofschlock.blogspot.com/2011/11/mystery-movie-solved-karate-and-knife.html

Hahaha ha... nice quote!

Yeah, I did look at that link when you posted it above. But it doesn't really talk about if the film is campy entertainment, more about the history behind it. Did it amuse you at all?

A demented version of Dusty Rhodes that's a scary thought indeed but it made me laugh.

Archived