Your favorite Martial Arts movie couples

kokuryuha

This is going to be one of those topics where either you'll be able to answer right off the bat or will ponder upon.I myself always have my favorites and every now and then I add another pair to the list.Like the fabled Dragon and Phoenix they are either rivals or in most

cases a legendary couple.

These are my favorite onscreen couples in kung-fu movies where these actors and actresses look so good together and have such chemistry it makes you wonder if they would really be compatible in real life.

Let's begin then shall we...

1.Alexander Fu Sheng and Tien Niu in The Brave Archer part 1(weren't they so adorable together?) As a kid I used to love watching this movie over and over again because they gelled so well.As I grew up I wondered why she didn't star in other movies with Fu Sheng due to that spark they had onscreen.Tien Niu was certainly photogenic and pretty as you can get for an actress so matching her with Alexander Fu Sheng who was undeniably a major heartthrob was as right as rain.

2.Bruce Lee and Nora Miao in practically whatever! I really wouldn't be surprised if those two didn't hook up together in real life a few times(Not that it's anybody's business !)Since that awesome kiss Bruce planted on her in Fists of Fury aka Chinese Connection,I was like Daaaaamn!

Nora Miao is fine as hell either way but when paired with the Little Dragon himself,There was definitely magic involved and I was looking to see more of it.Notice how Bruce didn't do any more kissyface after that movie(Linda Lee had a fit probably!)Despite that,these two were an ideal looking couple on or offscreen.

3.Tien Peng and Polly Shang Kuan Ling Fong in The 18 Bronzemen.This duet were in several flicks together but in the 18 Bronzemen they actually were betrothed.Polly had the jade phoenix emblem and Tien had the dragon jade counterpart to it.There was a scene in the movie where Polly was walking downstairs with Tien and she was on his arm looking affectionately into his face.That showed what a handsome couple they were.

Polly was her normal scrappy but pretty self but seeing her sweet on the heroic Tien was definitely worth viewing and should've been explored more.A loving and fighting duo.

4.David Chiang and Cecilia Wong in Shaolin Mantis.(Talk about Romeo and Juliet chinese style!) You were hard pressed to find a match like these two here.David Chiang as Wei Feng and Cecilia as Chi-Chi were tragic but lovable onscreen together.When you saw how Chi-Chi was infatuated with Wei Feng you knew he was bound to eventually fall for her womanly wiles but with a terrible price.

Cecilia Wong is one of those beauties who with her disarming smile and sweet demeanor,you can't help but melt.David Chiang with his devil may care attributes and boyish charm complimented well with this and you have quite the pair that really would have been good to go in more roles together whether as lovers or partners in crime.

Well,there's more to go but those are my mainstays and I'm really interested in what my brethren here in the chamber have to say.?

An honorable mention goes out to "Daddy Cool" Chang Yi and "Empress" Cheng Pei Pei  because in Thundering Sword they were a sophisticated and sexy couple if I ever saw one even though they never expressed it like it should've been shown.Seeing it for the first time reminded me of how Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh were in Crouching Tiger,Hidden Dragon.You just knew they were star crossed.

vlcsnap-2014-01-12-06h33m02s144.png

tumblr_l8clnksxuU1qzafsno1_500.jpeg

cc540f8d01d0061ad287b20f7452b307.jpeg

bronze1d.jpeg

18+Bronzemen+cover+edited.jpeg

manteextrait2_022f8a889abb07582133f32808c9a35f.jpeg

shaolin-mantis-david-chiang-et-huang-hsing-hsiu-fuient2_7838db8ef89403441ec2f4b86e4c0207.jpeg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a good chemistry between Kong Ban and Cheung Ching Ching in each movie I saw with them.

Cheung Ching Ching and Wang Yu also paired very well in Royal fist.

Hong Hoi and Wang Ping had a good chemistry in Beauty Heroine (from what I remember).

Li Ching and Ti Lung in King eagle were a very good couple ;  Ching Li and Ti Lung were a good couple too.

David Chiang and Lily Li have always been a good couple when they were in the same movie (it even seems to me that I read somewhere that they were more than friends off screen, at least for a while...)

Adam Cheng and Liza Wang are a perfect couple in a lot of series I saw them in.

And so on, and so on...It's so difficult to choose !!

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Agree with Fu and Niu in BA1 and 2. I was so bummed when she was recast. They had lovely chemistry.

Also agree with David Chiang and Cecilia Wong in Shaolin Mantis.

ShawAngela – Really? Re: David and Lily Li.  I just noticed him sneak a kiss, while rewatching the final fight in The Loot last night. 

I'll add:

Old Hedgehog and Madam Fa Si Gu from Judgement of An Assassin. Ku Feng and Lai Wang were  so adorable, and for an older couple they were splendid together. 

Ti Lung and Li Ching were wonderful in Swordsman and Enchantress.

Chen Kuan Tai and Li Ching were a great contemporary looking couple in Four Riders.

Chen Kuan Tai and Ching Li in Man of iron

Ling Yun and Ching Li in Lovers' destiny

Tsung Hua and Ching Li in Ripples

Li Ching and Chen Ho in Hong Kong rhapsody

Regarding David Chiang and Lily Li, I don't remember if I heard it in an interview in a bonus from a dvd, or if I read it on a forum...I also heard that Li Ching was in love with Ti Lung and that's why she never married, but I don't know if she really never married and if all these stories are true or are just stories from newspapers' writers...

I loved the pairing of Fu Sheng and Tien Niu in The Brave Archer. It's one of the few kung fu movies that gives me that "ooey-gooey" romantic feeling. Their chemistry definitely plays a part in why I like the movie so much.

Nora Miao's prettier though.

So far my three favorite are..

Tony Leung and Brigitte Lin "Dragon Inn"

Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung in "Hero"

I like the couple in "The Golden Cane Warrior". They were bad, but made the movi for me. The lead girl was upstage by er baby brother until he was killed

Archived