Vanishing Son (1994) Russell Wong, Chi Muoi Lo & Vivian Wu

laagi

After all these years of wanting to see this, I finally got around watching the Trilogy last night. Good stuff! Nice story, decent-good acting, romance, gun battles and best of all good Martial Arts Action! It's a shame Universal still hasn't released this on DVD. But I guess this only being a made for TV movie, that's the fate it suffers. Anyway, if you haven't watched it yet, try to check it out one way or another. It's a really good US made Martial Arts movie!

It sadens me to say that Mr. Wong seemed to have all the goods but somehow his career didn't quite take off. Or maybe I just wasn't exposed to any of his other movies? Only part I remember him is in "Romeo must Die" in which he had a nice fight Vs Jet Li.

How about a remake of this as a feature length Martial Arts movie :smile

1660144,oCdddX6QNYA+aT9gGiNcCgfmE6gOHmAn

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

Actually there are four TV-movies (even though the fourth was more a recollection of the previous three meshed in with a story mixed in) and a short-lived television series. It is sad that that they haven't released this yet on DVD, I totally agree. I loved the conversation in part 1 between Wong and John Cheung's Sifu. They should come out with the Ultimate Vanishing Son collection, all four movies and the entire 13-episode series in a set...aahhh wishful thinking. 

Jian Wa: I like music, sifu.

Sifu: Then buy a radio!

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Glad to see some love for the series :smile To be honest I never bothered with part 4 for this very reason.

(even though the fourth was more a recollection of the previous three meshed in with a story mixed in)

I recall that the series always opened with some "Chinese Wisdom". I doubt we'll ever see this on DVD but there's always hope.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Loved these! The 1st was solid and really good. The 2nd was weaker but had its moments. The 3rd was good, strong finish to the story arc. The 4th is really a wasted effort meant to try to capitalize on it and set up the tv series, I believe. Never saw any of the eps. I always saw ads and heard it was suppose to air, but it seemed like it never did. Guess I just missed it. Anyhow, I've got the trilogy recorded on VHS, hoping to transfer them to DVD someday. Probably won't be the best copy but at least I'll have them.

• Like 1

The show and or movies had a brief appearance on Netflix. But seem to have vanished (no pun intended) before long. Did anybody happen to catch these on Netflix? Or *fingers crossed* recorded them? Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1

Full movie (Part I) below. Hope you guys like it ;) There's some excellent action here! Part II to follow...

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1