A Tribute to BRUCE LEE - THE MAN, THE MYTH

ThunderScore

Thanks for posting these ThunderScore.

Bruce Lee The Man The Myth was the first Ho Chung Tao film I watched. Not the most accurate or well told of biopics but its certainly one of the most entertaining.

Thanks for posting these ThunderScore.

Bruce Lee The Man The Myth was the first Ho Chung Tao film I watched. Not the most accurate or well told of biopics but its certainly one of the most entertaining.

Yeah, it was my first Ho Chung Tao film as well. Caught it late at night on TNT back around 1996. I need to watch it again, possibly on a marathon that includes all the other Bruce Lee "biopics" and "events following Bruce Lee's Death" films that Ho Chung Tao worked on...

• Like 2

Yeah, it was my first Ho Chung Tao film as well. Caught it late at night on TNT back around 1996. I need to watch it again, possibly on a marathon that includes all the other Bruce Lee "biopics" and "events following Bruce Lee's Death" films that Ho Chung Tao worked on...

What's interesting about Bruce Lee The Man The Myth is that it features some actors who were involved in Bruce Lees life. There are some little dragon biopics Ive not watched yet Doc. Not caught any of the recent ones that came out of Asia in the last few years.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm

i love this film, a special place that sits well with me and my good friend. 

the car wash scene/gas station scene is classic..lol

• Like 2

i love this film, a special place that sits well with me and my good friend. 

the car wash scene/gas station scene is classic..lol

This was one of my favorite Bruce Li films as well. The car wash/gas station scene, that was the fight against Donnie Williams of the BKF if I remember right. :)

Love this classic TV spot

• Like 5

sifu iron perm

This was one of my favorite Bruce Li films as well. The car wash/gas station scene, that was the fight against Donnie Williams of the BKF if I remember right. :)

yes donnie williams.."why don't you beat it Chink!" 

and follows up with some funky jive war cries..lol classic!!!

i love the music..soundtrack is fresh! jazzy and funk..

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

That TV spot sure is entertaining.  :nodding 

• Like 1

I love the line "all new, all true" from that T.V spot. There was me thinking that 95% of the film was fabricated.

According to this full length trailer for the film Ho Chung Tao was Bruce Lees student in real life lol.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2015 at 8:38 PM, DragonClaws said:

Not the most accurate or well told of biopics but its certainly one of the most entertaining.

Re-Watched this one recently inWidescree, sent to me by a fellow fan. I take back my comments on this being more fiction than fact, after reading Mattew Polly's Bruce Lee: A life earlier this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Fantastic film

If the PearlRiverCollection put this out on Blu-Ray, I think the poster art below would be a nice choice for the cover?.

HoChungTao75.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

image.png

Can anyone I-D the screen character Ho Chung Tao's, Bruce Lee faces in the deleted scene, featured in the above lobby card?. Was he a Wong Jack-Man inspired character? and who played him?.

Was David Chow Tai-Wai's (Motoyaki) character based on real ife Karateka Yoiche Nakachi?. Who challenged Bruce Lee when he lived in Oakland.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 12/28/2019 at 7:29 PM, DragonClaws said:

Re-Watched this one recently inWidescree, sent to me by a fellow fan. I take back my comments on this being more fiction than fact, after reading Mattew Polly's Bruce Lee: A life earlier this year.

Do you have this on file?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 4:05 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Thanks @Killer Meteor one of the few time I didnt check that site, when I should have done. Instead of just assuming an actor from cut scene wouldnt appear in the cast list.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:46 AM, sifu iron perm said:

Do you have this on file?

The softback edition is for sale in The Works for as little as 3.99 brand new. This book is worth shelling out for, it's not pages of the same old content re-hashed/re-heated. If you want more pictures, then I'd suggest picking up the hardback edition. However, this book can easily sell itself without any rare or unseen images added.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Thjat

17 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks @Killer Meteor one of the few time I didnt check that site, when I should have done. Instead of just assuming an actor from cut scene wouldnt appear in the cast list.

That looks like a scene from the movie, not a deleted one from around the 25 minute mark

bruce1.png

bruce2.png

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The softback edition is for sale in The Works for as little as 3.99 brand new. This book is worth shelling out for, it's not pages of the same old content re-hashed/re-heated. If you want more pictures, then I'd suggest picking up the hardback edition. However, this book can easily sell itself without any rare or unseen images added.

I don't keep File versions of books I have urchased, becuase I find it much harder to read them. It's just a very un-natural way of reading something to me, and I feel the same about Kindle etc.

sorry Dragon, i was referring to man the myth widescreen best version movie..

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
15 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I wonder when they took the New York photo. From memory, the film itself doesn't have any scenes there.

• Like 3