"Season's Beatings: A Christmas in Hong Kong" HK Film Series Starts On 12/24/15 At L.A.'s Cinefamily w/ "Enter The Dragon"

wackiechan

On 1/13/2016 at 1:06 AM, wackiechan said:

I am a little confused.  I was able to talk to the assistant manager of Cinefamily, and I asked about their screening of "Rumble ITB".  The asst manager said he's pretty sure it was the uncut 1995 HK version that was shown.  He said that even Warner Archives didn't know what was given to WA.  I still kind of remember seeing the HK version at the Kuo Hwa Theatre, in San Gabriel, CA on Chinese New Year 1995.  Didn't the '95 HK release have both English language in some scenes, and Cantonese w/ Eng subtitles in other scenes?  Are you very sure, Ken, that the Cinefamily did not show the original '95 release?

There only seems to be two different versions, not three, of "Rumble ITB".  That would be, of course, the one from HK and the one from New Line.

The print that they showed was definitely English dubbed. The version that was shown was the same length as the uncut Hong Kong version, but the entire thing (including the Cantonese dialogue) was dubbed into English by different voice actors. And, yes, I too had no idea that this version even existed. I only knew about the HK version and the New Line Cinema version. The dub that I saw at the Cinefamily wasn't necessarily good at all, but it was still interesting to watch.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived