SLEEPY EYES OF DEATH

Guest johnnydragon

Guest johnnydragon

JUST GOT A CUSTOM DVD SET OF 8 MOVIES after losing on a 6 tape vhs set. my question is how many are there in the

sleepy eyes series?????????????????

i have 2 of the mei ah's ninja with him. i think theres 8

of those.

an theres a satins sword set i think? a little HELP PLEASE

from a master of kung fu ! but, just learning the art of samurai :b

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Hit samuraidvd.com and you may obtain a quality copy of the 3 part series Satan Sword Trilogy. You'll pay....but i believe it's worth it. It may be released soon by some big production company, still the subs might be better on this version, they do their own translations is what I'm told. Zatoichi's Pilgramage was very well done (supposedly they sometimes do their own translations). Well done anyway, I'm appreciative, considering (to say the least).

There's if I'm not mistaken (and I could be) 12 films produced in the Sleepy Eyes Of Death series. Two of which I have'nt seen yet seem notable just for the titles: The Spiders Lair, and Hell Is A Woman, sound like they could be cool.

samuraidvd has the only available copy of any Sleepy Eyes Of Death available on DVD (I'm aware of): The Sword That Saved Edo (a decent movie).

I have Sleepy Eyes Of Death 1 - 6 on VHS and they're fine, but I can't wait until all of them are available on DVD.

What's the eighth movie?

What all eight movies titles?

Just in case there's one floatin around I have'nt seen yet.

Guest KevinClo

Vengeanceofhumanlanterns has the 8th movie that is currently going as

The Sword That Saved Edo. The one fansubbed before that would be the 7th, The Mask of the Princess. The first six were released by Animeigo before they let the license go:

www.animeigo.com/Samurai/SLEEPY.t

There are a total of twelve. So, only four have yet to be subbed (9-12). Also, after Raizo died, two other movies were made with Hiroki Matsukata that were originally intended to continue the series.

The Satan's Sword trilogy is the Sword of Doom storyline with Raizo Ichikawa. It has nothing to do with Kyoshiro Nemuri. The confusion can be that the 6th Kyoshrio Nemuri movie is often called Sword of Satan.

KC

KevinCo, where do you pick up a subbed version of The Mask Of The Princess?

I'd love to get my hands on it.

Guest johnnydragon

those are the 8 i have. so the CK GUY that i heard does his own sub's or anybody else have those other 4?? there not lic in the US so there like fare game??? i use a guy that use to be on e-bay i got the 8 for 40.00 bucks and 3,4,5 w.w. priest

20.00 and zatoichi tv 13 - 72 59.00

I try and buy originals celes-shaws kung fu movies. should i be supporting the samurai lic. dealers also????

johnnydragon,

Of course you should. When they improve upon any given film in the classic samurai genre most especially.

Guest Daisho2004

OK some Great news Merlin over at SamuraiDVD.com will be finishing up the last 4 movies to the "Sleepy Eyes of Death" series, I just received #8 and the copy was Awesome.

Guest Daisho2004

johnnydragon, you really should support these guys they are re-mastering a lot of classic movies that we may never find a legit US release for and that is really to bad for all of us waiting, and waiting.

OK some Great news Merlin over at SamuraiDVD.com will be finishing up the last 4 movies to the "Sleepy Eyes of Death" series, I just received #8 and the copy was Awesome.

That is excellent news. Right on Merlin!

Archived