David Chiang

paimeifist

ShawAngela

Thank you very much Chu Liu Xiang !!

A very interesting interview, but I hate this blogs with a black background ! It's very difficult to read what is written and when I return to our forum, I see black lines on the screen ! Am I the only on ewith this problem ?

• Like 2

DragonClaws
59 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

A very interesting interview, but I hate this blogs with a black background ! It's very difficult to read what is written and when I return to our forum, I see black lines on the screen ! Am I the only on ewith this problem ?

Never had a problem with this, though I do sometimes struggle to read txt in certain colours, when matched with a coloured backgroun(random fact for you). Some site also have way too advert's, to appear and pop up as you scroll dwn an article. Not that having a giant advert as you wallpaper/site backdrop is enough for these kind of websit'es. A lot of places, are just one huge advert, disguised as a film news/sport site for example, rant over.

Friends(1973)

maxresdefault.jpg

The Angrey Guest(1972)

maxresdefault.jpg

Legend of The Seven Golden Vampires(1974)

a+legend+vampires+cushing.jpg

jp1sf-25PD6Q9J6YS-Full-Image_GalleryBack

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 7/7/2018 at 6:31 PM, ShawAngela said:

Thanks for these new pictures !

A few more random images.

Early days at Shaws, with Ti Lung.

084429de956d23a421f14855fad28cb9.jpg

I'm not sure which Shaws Studio production this s taken from?

DuelCover.jpg

Post Shaw Brothers?.

8_1412340883.jpg

• Like 3

ShawAngela
1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

I'm not sure which Shaws Studio production this s taken from?

DuelCover.jpg

It's from The duel.

• Like 4

ShawAngela
2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Post Shaw Brothers?.

8_1412340883.jpg

If I refer to the wall paper which looks like a Bollywood one (and I just notice the Thai language on the picture at the same moment I'm writing this), I would say that this picture must be a promo one for the movie Dragon Killer David Chiang played in in Thailand together with Norman Tsui. I had been told that this movie was a 1975 one, but hkmdb says that it's a 1983 one, so, I don't know what to say regarding the dates...

Thank you so much for these pictures, especially for this latter one, that I had never seen !

• Like 3

DragonClaws
2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I would say that this picture must be a promo one for the movie Dragon Killer David Chiang played in in Thailand together with Norman Tsui. I had been told that this movie was a 1975 one, but hkmdb says that it's a 1983 one, so, I don't know what to say regarding the dates...

As a big David Chiang fan, would you say he looks older in this image?, I'd say it was taken in the early 80's, rather than mid-70's, but could wrong.

You've answered the question, I hadnt got round to asking about the source/origin of the picture. That must be his female co-star in the image too?.

ShawAngela
4 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

As a big David Chiang fan, would you say he looks older in this image?, I'd say it was taken in the early 80's, rather than mid-70's, but could wrong.

You've answered the question, I hadnt got round to asking about the source/origin of the picture. That must be his female co-star in the image too?.

Yes, he looks the same age as in Blooded Treasury Fight.

Yes, the actress was his love interest in the movie, but it wasn't the female lead, since the female lead was a fighting girl, but unfortunately, I can't name any of them since there are either no pictures, either no names on the pictures on hkmdb.

If I'm not mistaken and the actress in your picture is the non fighting one in the movie, it's the same as in the first picture I post, the other one being the fighting actress.

DragonKiller+1983-26-t.jpg

DragonKiller+1983-23-t.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, he looks the same age as in Blooded Treasury Fight.

Yes, the actress was his love interest in the movie, but it wasn't the female lead, since the female lead was a fighting girl, but unfortunately, I can't name any of them since there are either no pictures, either no names on the pictures on hkmdb.

If I'm not mistaken and the actress in your picture is the non fighting one in the movie, it's the same as in the first picture I post, the other one being the fighting actress. 

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but could you give me the name of the two actress's?, I'll see if I can find anything online about them.

Thanks for the feedback @ShawAngela

ShawAngela

Well, as I said, when there are names, there aren't pictures in order to confirm if the names are actors' or actresses' ones, and when there are pictures, there are no related names, so, it's very difficult to name the actresses...

Here's the link to the English translated page of this movie on baike site : only David Chiang and Norman Tsui are mentioned !!

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fr&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fbaike.baidu.com%2Fitem%2F龙兄虎妹

And here's the link to the full cast on imdb :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6888854/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

No pictures for most of the cast in this link, but the name ML Sureewan Suriyong is an actress' name, but there again, no pictures !! It's very frustrating !

• Like 3

ShawAngela

And by the way, considering the pinyin of the title, the exact translation of the title of the movie Dragon Killer should be " Dragon hero, tiger sister ", which makes more sense, since the movie is full of fights from David Chiang, the Thai actor and the Thai actress, who delivers a lot !!!

• Like 3

Thank you very much for this interview !!

There were people on other forums (and maybe on this one too) telling that David Chiang didn't have any martial arts background and I always said that he was a student of Liu Chia Liang.

This article now confirms that I was right and that he was a martial arts practitioner. I don't think that he wasn't that good, as he says : he is too modest ! If you see him in martial arts series, you'll see that he is very good !

• Like 2

DragonClaws
10 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

There were people on other forums (and maybe on this one too) telling that David Chiang didn't have any martial arts background and I always said that he was a student of Liu Chia Liang.

Glad this article has helped to lay some rumours or mis-information to rest.

I never thought he was the best screen fighter to be honest, and I dont mean to offend when I say that. Always enjoy watching David Chiang's performance's, from al parts of his career. While not everyone at Shaw Brothers was a Kung Fu Master, I bet just about every one who appeaed on screen. Had some kind of MA experience, even if the skill knowledge level, varied from actor to actor.

Like so many other productions, I'd like to see Chaing in that T.V series, even if its only a few episodes, it might alter my opinion of his screen fighting skills?.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Like so many other productions, I'd like to see Chaing in that T.V series, even if its only a few episodes, it might alter my opinion of his screen fighting skills?.

I think that the ATV series Dynasty is on youtube, as well as his ATV series Green Dragon conspiracy or ATV The snow is red and ATV's Princess Cheung Ping.

Maybe you could take a look. I don't have doubles of these nor have watched them as yet, but when I tested the discs, regarding the fights, from what I saw, it delivered a lot !

• Like 2

I just found the following clip. The first part of it seems to be a scene from This time I'll make you rich, then, there is a dubbing scene, and then, some movements from David Chiang and a comment in which he speaks English.

I haven't had time to look for the part 1 of this documentary, but if anyone find it, it will be great to post the link, please.

• Like 3

Ok, I just found part 1 and part 3, and even a longer documentary...

Part 1

Part 3

Actually, it seems that these short clips are part of the following documentary :

• Like 3