Most-Wished-For WB-Owned Golden Harvest Films?

ShaolinMasterKiller

ShaolinMasterKiller

Hey all. I volunteer at a small, independently-run movie theater in the pacific northwest, and we've recently discovered - in the wake of Warner Archives finally releasing several long-neglected Golden Harvest films to the public - that a number of other prints of WB-owned GH films might be available to us for screening at our cinema. We're definitely going to try and book "Pedicab Driver", but I'm looking for suggestions on programming in terms of finding one or two other GH films to go with it.

I was thinking, perhaps, of doing a double or triple Sammo Hung bill, although the choices past "Pedicab Driver" are a bit slim - "Blade of Fury", "Pantyhose Hero", and "Slickers vs Killers", none of which I've seen in a while, although I'm going to try and go back and rewatch them so I can pass judgement. In the meantime, is there anything that comes immediately to mind for you folks, Sammo or otherwise, that you personally know you'd love to see released from the WB GH vault for a public screening or two, assuming we could get our hands on it? Obviously, we're looking for stuff that would bring the HK cinema fans out...

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Show The Sword 1980.  If I was able to watch The Sword on the big screen I don't think I'd be able to blink.  Also you can't go wrong with Young Master.

How many Golden Harvest titles do Warner Brothers actually own?. They haven't released any titles in the U.K on DVD/BR as far as I know.

Archived