Izo

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

OK I finally got around to watching this movie from netflix and it was very stupid and yes it Sucked just like everyone said it did, but I had to see it for myself, The storyline could've worked if it wasn't for all the Time Space jumping, and if it just really focused on him trying to redeem his soul, but I was lost just like everyone else was with this movie. It lost you in the first 5 minutes and throughout the entire movie. On a different note if you just want to see an Action Movie that makes no sense and people getting slaughtered then this movie is for you.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tosh

Miike's films has always been more miss than hit for me, but they're so strange, and I like he's not afraid to shock his audience (unlike the hollywoodpussies), I seem to end up watching them anyways.

Granted, I haven't got around to seeing Audition yet, his best movie?

Yeah, Izo is a miss, could have been cool.

Guest Yakuza954

I think the Bird People of China is his best movie. It dosen't have any of the sadomasochism or gross out imagery of his other movies, but it's the best made and is an amazing look inside some of the most isolated parts in China.

Guest Germ Werse

I thought he was clearly trying some bold, abstract stuff, which I can appreciate. I also dont think it enirely worked and sort of became a bungled mess.

Izo had its moments, tiny moments, and I'll give Miike props for not doing what could have easily been more of the same old anime-ish, fantasy action crap. Of course, making surreal arthouse crap is just a tad better, not much.

Guest wudawg

I really didn't care for this movie either and like the previous posts, thank goodness for Netflix. I'm glad I didn't have to purchase this DVD to see it.

Audition is not a bad film. It's a little slow paced but it works to the build up of the finale. Definitely worth a look.

Archived