Re-reading Bruce Lee Books

Jadedragon61

Phantom Dreamer

Anybody read this book and if so, how does the content differ from the John Little/Lee estate "The Art of Expressing the Human Body"?

41gHlEpUzeL._AC_SY780_.jpg

51Mx7p-Vz6L._AC_SY800_.jpg

• Like 1

CliveReston
On 2/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Are the people ready for a revised edition?

muerte BL ed ampliada.jpg

Has anyone gotten this? And if so, is it worth getting for the few extra pages?  From what I've gathered it seems like the book is promoting  the notion that Lee's passing was linked to cocaine. Can anyone confirm this?  

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I've only read the first edition, which is required reading for anyone who wants to read the entire inquest and police interview transcripts.

• Like 3

Cognoscente
On 6/25/2018 at 1:07 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

These weren't "thorough" biographies Simon and Schuster?

f77a76f5fe22684cdf415471403b1538--bruce-lee-martial-arts.thumb.jpg.959e46ba4c5f8a8ef9ff09820bb2a786.jpg

md14259895965.jpg

5aa6fa067d557_s-l800(2).thumb.jpg.c64a2162d17a64b1c938b1b4ea935c6a.jpg

16bb8739710e32ffa2828389973c5430.jpg

502020.jpg

337097.jpg

51iJhns0mOL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Alex Ben Block's book in particular stands out because it's the only one to have mentioned Golden Harvest selling plastic toy nunchakus to children.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2018 at 7:27 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Autographed by student James DeMille

s-l800 (8).jpg

In case anyone was wondering this is a bootleg version, not one published by James Lee and Bruce in the 60's. Authentic copies have flat spines with the book's name and author on the spine. There are other ways to tell authentic copies from bootleg ones too. 

• Like 4

On 12/18/2018 at 3:08 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Enter the Dragon - A Photographer's Journey by Dave Friedman

s-l600 (4).jpg

s-l600 (5).jpg

More photos of women from the book...

20230116-095832.jpg

20230116-095811.jpg

20230116-100330.jpg

20230116-094017.jpg

20230116-095025.jpg

20230116-095433.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/16/2023 at 2:55 AM, Cognoscente said:

More photos of women from the book...

Thanks for sharing these, maybe the topless shots were removed by the American censors. They had a big thing in regards to female nudity back then, the Clint Eastwood movie Breezy struggled with the censors for this reason.

• Like 1

There was more nudity in the earlier script drafts, but they may have realized a lot of kids were gonna to see this and wanted to keep an option open for a PG rating.

• Like 2

They had to cut some of the girls out of ETD or Williams would of been there all day.

Williams: 'I'll take you darling and you and you and you you and you you and you you and you you and you you and you you and you you and you you and you you and you'

Tania: 'Just take em all damn it! Geez'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Killer Meteor
On 1/18/2023 at 6:43 PM, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for sharing these, maybe the topless shots were removed by the American censors. They had a big thing in regards to female nudity back then, the Clint Eastwood movie Breezy struggled with the censors for this reason.

It was an R-rated movie in the 1970s, no way the MPAA would be cutting boob shots!

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
On 1/19/2023 at 3:57 AM, Cognoscente said:

They were lucky that Ahna Capri didn't want to be topless.

I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse in the movie...

...I wonder what happened to the actress who played the nude geisha in Fist of Fury? She even turned Wei Ping-ao straight!

• Like 4

Just now, Killer Meteor said:

It was an R-rated movie in the 1970s, no way the MPAA would be cutting boob shots!

The MPAA cut similar shots out of Breezy (1973) so it could get a more commercial R-Rating rather than an X-Rating.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse in the movie...

She hadn't given Weintraub the exposure he wanted.

According to Clouse in his ETD book, Fred made her cry about her hair.

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phantom Dreamer

Is this an interesting topic? Seemed like John Little was in denial for the longest time regarding Bruce Lee's drug use, now he's back on the scene.

9781770417427_web_grande.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 5:23 AM, CliveReston said:

Has anyone gotten this? And if so, is it worth getting for the few extra pages?  From what I've gathered it seems like the book is promoting  the notion that Lee's passing was linked to cocaine. Can anyone confirm this?  

i have the "revised" edition and yes of course it's a complete chapter about the "drug letters" and the Lee's presumed drug issues BUT i have to say the author was very cautious about it and i think he's 100% right ! He leaves the reader to his own conclusions and he focuses on the cold hard facts with the support of recent medical opinions. You don't need to be an expert to figure it out about Equagesic and "C "

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:48 AM, lengkee said:

i have the "revised" edition and yes of course it's a complete chapter about the "drug letters" and the Lee's presumed drug issues BUT i have to say the author was very cautious about it and i think he's 100% right ! He leaves the reader to his own conclusions and he focuses on the cold hard facts with the support of recent medical opinions. You don't need to be an expert to figure it out about Equagesic and "C "

So, its just one additional chapter? I have the previous edition and was wondering if I should upgrade  but can't justify doing it for just one chapter. 

• Like 2

I didn't have the previous edition so it was easy for me but if you're very interested about his death you should buy it (the title is THE DEATH OF BRUCE LEE  after all) the new chapter is very complete and full of data. 

• Like 1