Carl Scott

bearpower

Practicing martial arts since he was a young child, Carl was an extra in Bruce Lee:
The Man, the Myth (filmed in America). Carl’s skills impressed the producers, who
brought him to Hong Kong for their next Bruce Li picture, Last Strike (1978).
He and Bruce Li were the two main protagonists in the movie which also starred Shaw
Brothers stars Lo Meng and Ku Feng and had multiple endings filmed. He also fought
present and future legends such as Yuen Biao, Corey Yuen Kwai, and members of the
Yuen clan. He was only a teenager at the time. 

After this Carl Scott starred with Billy Chong in Kung Fu Executioner, which not only
showcased Carl’s impressive knowledge of Chinese kung fu but also his weapons ability,
particularly with the nunchaku. The duo’s next film was Sun Dragon, shot on
location in Phoenix, Arizona, and featuring a fight between Carl and 1979 World
Kickboxing Champion Louis Neglia.
Though Carl Scott and Billy Chong only made two films together, their on-screen
partnership remains uppermost in the minds of kung fu movie audiences worldwide.

Carl Scott Filmography 

Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth (1976)

Last Strike (1977)

Sun Dragon (1979)

Kung Fu Executioner (1981)

• Like 4

It would have been great to see Carl Scott star in his own film had he continued his film career. Nice to see him looking fit and well in the recent picture Albert posted. He always put on a great physical performance and worked well alongside both Billy Chong and Ho Chung Tao.

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

This November, you can meet the man himself, in New York City.

aie-1-carl-scott_2_orig.jpg

He will be at one of the theaters that I frequent.

Too bad that I will have to miss it - I will be taking the kid to a Jeremyville event that same day.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

In the December 1981 issue of Martial Arts Movies, Eternal's Alice Hsia (the daughter of the Billy Chong producer) said something that makes me wonder why he might not want to be interviewed about his film career: "We’re working on a script for him now, but we’re not starting on the film for two years. We want to prepare Carl very well first."

• Like 2