Maggie Cheung and Rosamund Kwan

Iron_Leopard

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Project A II the only movie they both appeared in? And if so doesn't anyone else find that kind of strange? These are my two favorite actresses of 80's/90's Hong Kong action cinema and I really wish they did more movies together.

I wish they did more martial arts movies together. Seems like everybody worked with everybody a dozen times in those days.

Cognoscente
On 11/30/2015 at 1:50 AM, DrNgor said:

According to the IMDB, they were both in Prince Charming (1984) and The Banquet (1991), too.

In Wong Jing's memoir, he had the following to say about Maggie when talking about Prince Charming: "Maggie was cast to provide eye candy. I saw her in a Hong Kong beauty pageant. Unlike the other women, she was cute-looking in that there was this innocence about her. You get the impression from the other contestants that they would do anything to become successful. They were so obviously opposite to being chaste. While Maggie may not have been a virgin, she had a virginal aura. That's why the older women like her. To this very day, she is undoubtedly the most memorable Chinese actress. Back then, I found her to be a scared-silly blank slate, which made it easier to mould her into an actress. She wasn't a delusional diva. I feel bad that I didn't get more out of her other than being a vase surrounded by window dressing."

• Like 2