Australian Blu Ray Set

shukocarl

I just received these bad boys today and I'm pretty pleased with it. A port of the U.S. set with just the four movies and accompanying special features. No redundant dvd versions and a great price(£28.75 post free to UK!)..Christmas came early! :blush 

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0112.JPG

DSCF0113.JPG

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched The Big Boss and it appears to be the colour-corrected proper HD port! It certainly looks more like how I remembered it at the Cinema but without the scratches.The English mono can be a bit hissy and patchy but it now has the correct dub on the riverside scene....:bs_attention_clap_boy:

Now watched Fist of Fury,  the "teal/green" that was present on my German blu ray looks to have been reduced considerably and it looks closer to the original. The transfer is softer than Big Boss so it's only a notch above an upscaled dvd. English mono present and unaltered..few pops though.

The reason I mention the English dubs is because I prefer them, The 5.1 English dub is hilarious with the overdubbed hits...totally screws it up!

Way of the Dragon & Game of Death to follow,,,,,

Way of the Dragon is the same as the German Blu. The "teal/green" is present throughout  making Bruce's suit mostly blue and then green in the country side fight,

There are two good quality (unaltered) US trailers on the disc so why couldn't they match the colours to those?

Suprisingly  the English mono track is the U. S. dub that replaces Lee's fight cries in his fight with Mr. Norris. The English 5.1 is a joke with overdubbed hits leaving the strong Canto 5.1 (sounds unaltered) as the clear winner.

And so to Game of Death...the dreaded upscale of the bunch...starts of with lots of grain and flickering but settles down...looks ok and has plenty of audio (English that is) options. I plumped for the 5.1 which just seems like a louder version of the mono. Suprisingly the Japanese (English) mono has all the recycled real Bruce fighting cries. The Japanese HD print is a lot scratchier  but sharper looking but the Japanese subtitles on the right of the picture are a little distracting to my western eyes and there's a little extra footage in the Ji Han Jae scene (dialogue).

Does this set contain the same contents as the Shout Factory released "Bruce Lee Premier Collection"? I notice that the contents are nearly identical. As I am in Australia and was considering buying the Premier collection from Shout I now may actually buy this set instead.

Archived