List of Celestial SB movies on iTunes

Chemical Lemon

Chemical Lemon

10 more movies up on iTunes. I was thinking they've been averaging about 40 a year and we wouldn't see any knew ones until September or October. There are some later quasi-SB movies and non martial arts, but there are some classics in here.  

Let's Make Laugh

Sword of Swords (w/ English dub)

The Twin Swords

The Magnificent Trio

Trail of the Broken Blade (w/ English dub)

The Deadly Breaking Sword (w/ English dub)

My Schoolmate the Barbarian

Soul of Swords

The Supreme Swordsman

Have Sword will Travel (w/ English dub)

Just 4 dubs, which seems right  there's not a known dub for the magnificent trio correct?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

My Schoolmate the Barbarian

Never heard of that, but strong contender for one of best titles ever!

Have sword, will travel is best flick listed there, not sure now was supreme swordsman completely brilliant or was it flick with 3 elders partly ruined harmony of otherwise excellent movie.

Chemical Lemon
41 minutes ago, Tex Killer said:

Never heard of that, but strong contender for one of best titles ever!

Have sword, will travel is best flick listed there, not sure now was supreme swordsman completely brilliant or was it flick with 3 elders partly ruined harmony of otherwise excellent movie.

It was listed under Celestial with the other new additions but possibly they're not intending to group it in with their SB movies.  It's from around the time that Celestial was formed, but I don't think it's one they produced. Possibly it was distributed or produced by SB just before it was sold. It's got one or more of Stephen Fung and Nic Tse in it. It's a high school Kung fu movie with I think some comedy. I saw it around the time it came out but don't really remember it. They group a lot of movies under SB that I don't consider SB (most stuff after 1985), but maybe they're not even trying that here

On 25.7.2017 at 7:00 AM, Chemical Lemon said:

Just 4 dubs, which seems right  there's not a known dub for the magnificent trio correct?

i can confirm all non-dubbed movies on that new list are correct to not have a dub. none is missing which celestial has listed as dubbed. yes i have a complete list of what celestial has english dubbed available. you can ask for certain titles (via PM best i guess) if you want, but i am not allowed to give the list out as it contains licencees listings.

Skeleton Claw

I know that there were issues with the dubs to Martial Club & Black Magic 2 - hence the fan supplied dubs for earlier DVD releases - but there's really no excuse for not including the dub for Kid With a Tattoo. It was screened with the dub in South Africa within the last several years. Too bad. Was really looking forward to that one. Oh well. At least the original mono soundtrack is there. I honestly don't know how anyone could've sat through those "remixed" 5.1 jobs with the newly added fx & music. Now that proper versions are finally trickling out here and there via BluRay & iTunes, etc., those "remixed" versions should all be rounded up and burned or tossed into the sea.

and it's listed as English dubbed in their Licence List, AND it lists Cantonese as Main Audio Track. both are missing from itunes Kid Version! there just fools at work at that time, nothing else to say. they should upgrade them to proper Audio Tracks.

Chemical Lemon

They've done a decent job including english dubs on their iTunes releases.  I think there are currently 7 movies up on iTunes that are missing a known English dub.

The Angry Guest  (This is the only one I've not heard the dub on, but I think it's been mentioned as dubbed a couple of times and it played on El Rey back when they only played dubbed)

Black Magic 2

Chinatown Kid   (This probably makes sense since it's not the same version as the one that's english dubbed)

The Flying Dagger

The Kid with a Tattoo

Martial Club

Shaolin Hand Lock

and maybe "The Shadow Boxing".  I'm not sure if that one has a dub, I remember hearing there was a dub for it back when it was being released on DVD, that might have been a mistake though.

I may have missed some, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll update the list (currently have missing english dubs color coded red in the list).

The worst situations were with the Flying Dagger, The Kid with a Tatto, and Shaolin Handlock.  All of those were promoted in some way with English dubs that never materialized on the digital copy.  Almost all of these have shown on El Rey with English dub.

official Celestial list says:

- Chinatown Kid - no dub

- Black Magic 2 - no dub

- Flying Dagger - English Dub

- Kid with a Tattoo - English Dub

- Martial Club - no dub

- Shaolin Handlock - English Dub

- Shadow Boxing - no dub

- Angry Guest - English Dub (it was on official Dutch VHS so it was never lost anyway)

so whoever put the ones with missing Audio on itunes was just sleeping and got fired, i hope.

Chemical Lemon

Thanks @spannick, I don't suspect that Celestial will ever go the extra yard for English dubs. So I doubt they'll ever update Martial Club or Black Magic 2. There were several movies missing dubs early on that they went back and fixed, so there's at least some chance the others will get fixed eventually. 

Chemical Lemon

8 possibly more new movies on iTunes, as usual a couple good ones a couple bad ones and a couple dramas

First off...

Five Superfighters. !!!!  (w/ English dub)

The Invincible Fist  (no dub, can't remember if this played on El Rey with a dub, maybe I'm confusing it with the flying dagger, I think I am)

Duel of Fists (w/ English dub)

Lady is the Boss (no dub)

Destiny's Champion (no dub)

The Master Strikes Back (no dub)

Teenage Dreamers (no dub)

On the Wrong Track (no dub)

With exception of the Invincible Fist, which I'm not sure of, I think anything with a known dub has it.  If I'm wrong please let me know, thanks

Chemical Lemon

Just want to add, I'm getting on a 6 hour flight tomorrow and so jazzed to have 5 Superfighters to watch on my phone. Probably going to bring Lady is the Boss too. 

Chemical Lemon

Looks like Rivals of Kung Fu and The Thunderbolt Fist are also coming. They're up on Amazon Prime with all the other new movies. Wanted to mention that Celestial has made a big push recently to get all their movies up on prime and advertise it. I recently got one of their mass mailings where they said that Amazon Prime now has more SB movies than iTunes (not true I think, there are 157 indexed on Prime and 158 on iTunes). Prime has those 2 mentioned above that iTunes doesn't so iTunes must have at least 3 Prime doesn't. In any case I'm not sure if all the Amazon movies are prime, but most are. So if you have Prime they're always there to stream for free. I don't think any of them have English dubs, but I haven't checked recently so I'm not sure. 

Chemical Lemon

Rivals of Kung Fu and the Thunderbolt Fist are both up now too. Thunderbolt has an English dub and rivals does not. I'm not sure rivals ever had one. 

I'm not a huge fan of Thunderbolt, I don't really like the China vs Japan movies unless they're really well done or incredibly over the top. Too often it's just the main guy (and everyone he knows) suffering indignity over and over until he can't take it anymore and goes nuclear. Usually super bloody which I appreciate, but also boring until the end and then not very balanced. Rivals on the other hand I haven't seen since the IVL came out and I think I remember liking it, but maybe not notable. 

On 9/26/2017 at 4:12 AM, Chemical Lemon said:

Looks like Rivals of Kung Fu and The Thunderbolt Fist are also coming. They're up on Amazon Prime with all the other new movies. Wanted to mention that Celestial has made a big push recently to get all their movies up on prime and advertise it. I recently got one of their mass mailings where they said that Amazon Prime now has more SB movies than iTunes (not true I think, there are 157 indexed on Prime and 158 on iTunes). Prime has those 2 mentioned above that iTunes doesn't so iTunes must have at least 3 Prime doesn't. In any case I'm not sure if all the Amazon movies are prime, but most are. So if you have Prime they're always there to stream for free. I don't think any of them have English dubs, but I haven't checked recently so I'm not sure. 

I have Amazon Prime but have yet to watch any of the Shaws on there - I need to take advantage.

I do a lot of streaming and my (owned) streaming Shaws library are a follows:

Vast majority on Google Play - for some reason I always get a promo from them which I take advantage of, price on some titles are cheaper and it is my go to mobile OS so I throw my title in there 

A handful on both iTunes & Microsoft.

About a dozen or so from Amazon - bought with the No Rush credit.

For non-Shaws movies it's as follows

Vudu - majority of library on there.

Google Play - Plenty of TV shows

Microsoft

ITunes

Disney Movies Anywhere

Flixter

CinemaNow

FandangoNow

I have them linked ....where possible.

I also have Netflix & SlingTV.

bobostilllives

hi--- is it just me or if i recall correctly that THE INVINCIBLE FIST was originally listed as a dragon dynasty release and going to include the original english dub . also would like to see full english versions of THE DEADLY KNIVES---DUEL FOR GOLD--THE SEXY KILLER--QUEEN HUSTLER--WHAT PRICE HONESTY  and THE SACRED KNIVES OF VENGEANCE (aka THE KILLER). all of which i know they have the dubs for.i'm pretty sure when they emailed me their list of dubs years ago that JUDGEMENT OF AN ASSASSIN was on it as well. last thing--i don't know if they have it but an english dub does exist for TRILOGY OF SWORDSMANSHIP as it was once available on bootleg vhs fullscreen many many years ago . 

Chemical Lemon

Holy Flame of the Martial World (w/ English dub)

The Lady Hermit (w/ English dub)

Women

are up on iTunes now

Archived