Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

AlbertV

As many might have heard, there is going to be a Blade Runner 2 and it will be directed by Denis Villeneuve and will be lensed by Roger Deakins. The news was confirmed that Ryan Gosling will be starring in the film. His name was rumored to have come up and Gosling himself confirmed his involvement in the film. Ridley Scott, the director of the original Blade Runner, is being credited with the story for the new film. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm not sure why I'm not outraged and crying "Blasphemy!", but I'm actually quite curious about this project. I love the original, and I'm totally down with another visit to that world. Ryan Gosling is a terrific actor, and I feel like his intensity and commitment to roles will be a big asset to the production. Bring it on.

I'm not sure why I'm not outraged and crying "Blasphemy!", but I'm actually quite curious about this project. I love the original, and I'm totally down with another visit to that world. Ryan Gosling is a terrific actor, and I feel like his intensity and commitment to roles will be a big asset to the production. Bring it on.

Yep, same thoughts. I like Gosling a lot, from what I hear Denis Villeneuve is one of the best new directors out there, and since Scott is no longer the director he was back in the 80s I'm only happy he isn't helming this.

The film is now called Blade Runner 2049 and Gosling will joined by Rick Deckard himself, Harrison Ford, as well as Dave BautistaJared Leto,Sylvia HoeksMackenzie Davis, and Robin WrightDenis Villenueve is the director, Ridley Scott is producing and the script was co-written by original BR scripter Hampton Fancher along with Michael Green.

The release date is set for October 5, 2017.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:43 PM, Karlos said:

That's a decent teaser and, I'm guessing, finally answers the question "is Deckard a replicant...?"

Villeneuve has specifically stated that this film won't address whether Deckard is a replicant or not.

I read an article and apparently Gosling and Ford's characters have a fistfight scene and Ford actually punched him. Can't wait to see them throwdown!

Now that Alien: Covenant teaser is out, this is the one I'm looking forward to more. Some may complain that this isn't directed by Scott, but franky I don't think there's any indication Scott is still able to make the kind of great film he made in 1979. Sure, he'd make a good film but great? Probably not. Villeneuve is a much more interesting bet: with him you may lose but you may also win big time. Let's see what we'll get.

As much as I want to love this, and have faith in Villeneuve (absolutely loved Arrival), I must say each new trailer has looked less interesting and made it look less "Blade Runner-ish" in my eyes...

Still gonna rock! Has to! Has to!

DragonClaws

I barely recognized Harrison Ford on the cover of the latest Empire magazine.

Link- http://empireonline.media/jpg/70/0/0/1280/960/aspectfit/0/0/0/0/0/0/c/articles/5965f6fe399ee4fe70a490bc/empire-magazine-ryan-gosling-harrison-ford-blade-runner-2049-cover.gif

2 hours ago, Takuma said:

As much as I want to love this, and have faith in Villeneuve (absolutely loved Arrival), I must say each new trailer has looked less interesting and made it look less "Blade Runner-ish" in my eyes...

Agree about the trailers and the visuals, but I guess they tried to show that the Blade Runner world has changed since Decker was a young cop.

• Administrator
On 7/18/2017 at 3:04 PM, DragonClaws said:

I barely recognized Harrison Ford on the cover of the latest Empire magazine.

Link- http://empireonline.media/jpg/70/0/0/1280/960/aspectfit/0/0/0/0/0/0/c/articles/5965f6fe399ee4fe70a490bc/empire-magazine-ryan-gosling-harrison-ford-blade-runner-2049-cover.gif

Agree about the trailers and the visuals, but I guess they tried to show that the Blade Runner world has changed since Decker was a young cop.

That cover is awful!!! It looks like they took Harrison Ford's face from another photo and added it- quite poorly- into the shot. His face is all Photoshopped and jacked up, and they made his hair brown instead of white and grey... just terrible!

On to better news...

I just got home from seeing this, but it's already past midnight, and I have some papers to mark so I'll have to make this brief. My son and I both loved it. He convinced me that viewing it in IMAX was the way to go for this film, and he was so right.

BLADE RUNNER 2049 never feels Hollywood; it's as though you are somehow actually seeing this real future and watching an intriguing story unfold within it. The way they brought this world to life (as far as special effects, set and production design, costuming) is seamless, and immersive is the word that keeps coming to mind when describing the film as a whole. The acting and music (wow!) are especially memorable. I got the feeling the director was really allowed free reign to produce his vision, with no studio interference (sort of like the opposite of SUICIDE SQUAD or the latest Fantastic 4 movie), and it feels like something fresh and focused. Visually it is absolutely stunning (not just saying that... I mean STUNNING), and if I'd have missed this in the the theater I'd of been kicking myself. 9/10

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

I've seen very little to no advertising for BR-2049, even in the several weeks predating to it's release. It would appear that the producers are relying exclusively on word-of-mouth for the movie, for whatever reason that might be.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, lonesome space said:

I've seen very little to no advertising for BR-2049, even in the several weeks predating to it's release. It would appear that the producers are relying exclusively on word-of-mouth for the movie, for whatever reason that might be.

Really? That's weird, because I only watch stuff that we DVR (I refuse to watch commercials anymore. Totally over it.) and it seems like every time I'm fast-forwarding through the ads there's one for BD-2049. I was very conscious of it because I didn't want to see anymore footage after the first trailer (too many spoilers these days), so I'd always look away as I zipped through them. I guess different advertising for different markets, regions, etc?

9 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

BLADE RUNNER 2049 never feels Hollywood; it's as though you are somehow actually seeing this real future and watching an intriguing story unfold within it. The way they brought this world to life (as far as special effects, set and production design, costuming) is seamless, and immersive is the word that keeps coming to mind when describing the film as a whole. The acting and music (wow!) are especially memorable. I got the feeling the director was really allowed free reign to produce his vision, with no studio interference (sort of like the opposite of SUICIDE SQUAD or the latest Fantastic 4 movie), and it feels like something fresh and focused. Visually it is absolutely stunning (not just saying that... I mean STUNNING), and if I'd have missed this in the the theater I'd of been kicking myself. 9/10

Glad to hear some positive feed back about this one.

Anyone know if they approached Ridley Scott about returning for the sequel?.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Glad to hear some positive feed back about this one.

Anyone know if they approached Ridley Scott about returning for the sequel?.

Ridley Scott produced it, so I'm sure the option was there if he'd wanted to direct it.

Perhaps on a level with the first one, which is high praise indeed.  I'm itching to see it again.

I think it had some issues that stop it being perfect but overall this is a pretty astonishing and worthy follow-up.

Go see this on the biggest screen you can, you geeks.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Karlos said:

Go see this on the biggest screen you can, you geeks.

Yes, this is a must-see theatrically. Any BLADE RUNNER fans that wait for this on Blu-ray, home viewing, etc are going to regret it.

You shouldn't listen to Jimi Hendrix, The Who, or Led Zeppelin in mono, and you shouldn't see BLADE RUNNER 2049 on a screen smaller than the side of your house! :nerd:

4 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

you shouldn't see BLADE RUNNER 2049 on a screen smaller than the side of your house!

Does watching it on an IMAX screen count?  :laugh

• Administrator
3 hours ago, thekfc said:

Does watching it on an IMAX screen count?  :laugh

Yes, that's the best way to see it!

Did you dig it?

16 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Yes, that's the best way to see it!

Did you dig it?

I enjoyed it.

Myself and another co-workers are planning on doing a group view with some co-workers/neighborhood workers who haven't seen it yet, but instead of IMAX we plan on doing RPX.

Archived