Nine Demons (1984) Terracotta's Classic Kung Fu Collection 5th Title

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Say what you like about this movie....but (1) it's a Chang Cheh flick, (2) it's a new release from Terracotta, & (3) it's in its original language with English subtitles (as well as including the English dub).  I'm in!

Released on 8th February 2016, check out the full release details here - 

http://terracottadistribution.com/films/the-nine-demons

TheNineDemons-DVD-2D_SMALL.jpg

Screenshot_2015-11-06_11.48.38_640x430.j

• Like 5

Great news, I hope they give Shaolin VS Lama the same treatment one day. In fact I could go on forever about titles I'd love to see them release.

• Like 1

I think I might get this, thanks for the heads up. I do love the English dub for it hilariousness, with Cousin Roland and The Demon Joey, but it will be great to see it in Chinese with subs.

• Like 1

I am a big collector of martial art films, but only in the original version, I hope this DVD will be released with the original version (Mandarin) and for fans of Chang Cheh in the world.

• Like 1

I am a big collector of martial art films, but only in the original version, I hope this DVD will be released with the original version (Mandarin) and for fans of Chang Cheh in the world.

Yes this is being released with the original Mandarin and the English dub as well.

• Like 1

The English dubbed version is one of the worst / best films in the genre. Really a so bad it's good film. I shy away from comedies usually, but this is extreme.

I have not watched this film in years. Certainly not one of Chang Cheh`s best but interesting. Too bad he had such a low budget to work with.   

• Like 1

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Oh HELL...um or is that Nine hells. Okay, Terracotta if I buy this one and Gangster Payday, you must release The Handcuff damn it.

This one...well okay... Lu Feng in a nifty beard (not unlike Master Yuan's from the Martial Alliance in Five Element Ninjas)...outside of that, I just remember some gonzoid English translation about Joey and Gary. I think.

• Like 1

What I really want to know is whether the subtitled version is widescreen.  It seems that the dubbed version has been added as a bonus feature, but I suspect the dubbed version will be full frame.  At http://terracottadistribution.com/films/the-nine-demons it says, "A brand new HD transfer with improved English subtitles. Featuring as extra bonus the original unrestored grindhouse version with old school English dub."

Funny thing is, I was not aware that this film had *ever* been subtitled before.  I confess to loving the English dubbing because it is so stupendously stupid and obviously done on purpose, but I think it would be a shame if the dubbed version is separate from the HD version so the widescreen(?) version isn't viewable with the hilarious dub.  I have an old full frame DVD of Godzilla vs. Hedorah which allows for viewing the film dubbed in English with English subtitles at the same time.  It's a hoot to compare the two as the movie unspools.

Edited by Stephe
Added some stuff.
  • Like 2

hopefully it will be from film negative and not tape master like with the dragon's snakefist which i belive is the same source as jamal's unreleased rarescope. nothing to complain about i suppose any new fu releases are welcome :cool just a shame they could not combine the funny english dub of nine demons and overlay it onto the hd master.

Dragon_s_Snake_Fist_1_3.png

Dragon_s_Snake_Fist_2_3.png

Dragon_s_Snake_Fist_4.png

Dragon_s_Snake_Fist_5.png

Edited by lungfei
  • Like 2

Def not Chang Cheh's high point by any stretch.  BAT SHIT insane, plot was swiss cheese, Terracotta release while laregly solid still showed a TON Zof damage, jumpy bits (almost if a frame or two was just gone), 10-15minutes of the last fight swung wildly on print quality (damage, color/lighting variations, etc).  

Def worth checking out if you like the "magical" type movies.

• Like 3