Kung Fu Elliot (2014)

shukocarl

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the one about the Canadian "martial arts action hero" who was deemed to be a fraud? I read a review of it a long time ago, but never saw the film.

What starts out as a charming documentary about a guy which loves martial arts movies turns out to be a rather dramatic account of one individuals own delusion. First you kind of feel for the guy, especially if your into MA cinema yourself. Heck, who never wanted to do their own little movie, right!? be a "big" action hero.

However, it becomes apparent and somehow expected that things will not end well if your fantasy becomes your reality. Especially if you no longer can differentiate the latter. You make up your own world where lies are just used as a measure for how the world will perceive you. 

I gotta admit Elliot went from a daydreamer to a pretty big douche bag rather quickly as events unfold. There's been a lot of rumors and just as many contradicting said ones that the whole documentary and Elliot himself is made up; a mockumentary if you will. However, from my perspective and the little information available online I think it's the real deal.

More of a human study with some martial arts thrown into it; sad, funny, upsetting and inspiring. If any of you want to check it out, send me a pm.

Archived