Kickboxer: Retaliation (2018)

mpm74

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andy338 said:

5th March 2018 is listed as the UK blu ray/dvd release date on Amazon, not too long after the US date for a change. Hoping this is one worth picking up on blu ray.

Good news, and not too late after the U.S theatrical release in January.

What did you think of the first movie @andy338?.

21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Good news, and not too late after the U.S theatrical release in January.

What did you think of the first movie @andy338?.

I enjoyed it, I rented it on Playstation network and decided it wasn't worth buying but it was definitely a fun to watch movie with solid action. I'm looking forward to how the series develops with the trailer for the sequel looking promising, I just hope Van Damme takes those sunglasses off!

7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

p14860144_p_v8_ac.jpg

I think it's cool Well Go USA picked this up. There will be a premiere in Ottawa (where Moussi currently resides on January 11).

Well Go USA's Official Trailer

This and its predecessor is definitely having references to its original saga. I re-watched Vengeance on New Year's Eve

Michel Qissi has a cameo in Vengeance if you haven't seen it yet.

If you look at IMDB's page, Kamel Krifa is in Retaliation as a character named "O'Keefe". Krifa played Tong Po in Kickboxer 4: The Aggressor

I noticed one of Kurt's training moves is a jump on a platform followed by a backflip in Vengeance. Mark Dacascos' Matt Reeves does the same training move in The Redemption: Kickboxer 5. Go to 4:03 on the first clip (from Vengeance) then 1:01 in the second clip (from The Redemption)

The trailers for Retaliation make me want to see this more and more...it looks better than Vengeance IMO.

17 hours ago, AlbertV said:

This and its predecessor is definitely having references to its original saga. I re-watched Vengeance on New Year's Eve

Michel Qissi has a cameo in Vengeance if you haven't seen it yet.

Missed his cameo, nice that they are including nods to performers from the older movies.

Love the new trailer, hope there's more of the Master Durand character in the finnished movie, there's not much of him in the trailer.

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Missed his cameo, nice that they are including nods to performers from the older movies.

Saw you reviewed Vengeance @DragonClaws :) He played the prisoner who after Durand and Kurt escape, asks Durand "Hey! Remember Me?"

At the L.A. premiere. Alain Moussi and his family

Alain throws his kick at director Dimitri Logothetis

I have seen it, friend tipped off a website where it`s shown. Usually won`t do such but could not resist. Movie is jawdropping masterpiece, Boyka:undisputed is nothing compared to this. Lot`s of good martial arts action before end and van damme shows he can still lift his leg high....Nice bangkok locations too.

I am not in general huge fan of those bouts skilled smaller martial artist against enemy size of van but this was exception. Taking place in muay thai temple, it has excellent pieces of action and some moments which shows script has been well though.

Bluray is destined to get into my paws and I recommend others get it too. Haven`t seen this great modern martial art flicks for ages.

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

I have seen it, friend tipped off a website where it`s shown. Usually won`t do such but could not resist.

Please don't promote movie piracy on the forums, thanks.

On 20.1.2018 at 5:37 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Please don't promote movie piracy on the forums, thanks.

It`s not(forgot one important word) piracy site, they have rights to movies they show but it has commercials and it makes viewing not so pleasant+lags at times..+they are only 720p rate. But it least it was subbed to local language even as br release looks here unlikely so it`s amazon.uk then

I prefer to wait for the official DVD/BR release of this one, even if that means waiting. It's far better to watch it that way, than in poor quality with multiple adverts. Though the fact a pirated movie, has actually adverts, says a lot.

7 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I got through watching this one over the weekend.  Would have to say it's instantly forgettable, and is so overloaded with slow motion it's no wonder the runtime stretches to 105 minutes.  I posted a full review here -

http://cityonfire.com/kickboxer-retaliation-2018-review/

Look forward to reading your comments @One Armed Boxer. Not so long until the U.K release of the movie on March 5th.

On 22/01/2018 at 10:49 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

I got through watching this one over the weekend.  Would have to say it's instantly forgettable, and is so overloaded with slow motion it's no wonder the runtime stretches to 105 minutes.  I posted a full review here -

http://cityonfire.com/kickboxer-retaliation-2018-review/

I am now more hyped. You have sold this to me all action no story. Slow mo like john woo. A throwback to 90s b-movie Will be a first day purchase for sure. 

Forbes Magazine also reviewed the film and has already declared the reboot series is better than the original saga, but I don't know yet. I'm going to rent Retaliation on Demand this weekend and see for myself, but I still love the original saga more at this point.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lukethompson/2018/01/22/review-kickboxer-retaliation-80s-action-new-era/#34e86fc05fd5

Archived