The Fatal Flying Guillotines (1977)

Killer Meteor

Has  anyone seen The Fatal Flying guillotine  . It's about a band of Shao Lin monks is on a mission to recover a sacred book from the evil forces of a wicked emperor. But the emperor has created a unique deadly weapon -- a flying guillotine that, when thrown into the air, beheads its victims with goofy efficiency. If the monks want to keep their heads, they'll have to keep their wits about them as they battle the emperor's thugs. This kung fu movie by Raymond Lui stars Carter Wong and Biao Yuen.

• Like 2

Yeah I like this movie. There are some pretty funny scenes with the guillotines, and Chen Sing is vicious in it.

What kind of role does he have in this one Paimeifist?.

He is the main baddie and guillotine master, and gets a good chance to showcase his signature tiger style (as noted in Docs book). It is a cool role for him and he does some good fighting.

• Like 1

He is the main baddie and guillotine master, and gets a good chance to showcase his signature tiger style (as noted in Docs book). It is a cool role for him and he does some good fighting.

Thanks dude, another film I shall have to get round to watching. I'll also have to get round to reading Doc's book sometime too.

I just noticed yesterday that the same company that brought us those insanely awesome (yet expensive) Shaw Brothers Blu-ray media-books a few years ago is coming out with the non-Shaw fu classic The Fatal Flying Guillotines which stars Chan Sing and Carter Wong.  OFDb right now has the release date set at December 31, 2015.

http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung_vorab&fid=4688&vid=67811

12191117_472523159616068_909062097477187

So yeah, they seem to be going all out on this like they did on all those Shaw titles.

Yes, I think they are going overboard a bit for a fu flik that I would consider to be only slightly better than average.  And yes, it is quite expensive.  But man does it look pretty.  There are some video samples on TVP's Facebook page: 

https://www.facebook.com/VengeancePack/?hc_location=ufi

But here's where I think things get a bit interesting.  According to a recent post on Bey Logan's Reel East Facebook page, Mr. Logan appears to be in the process of making new commentaries with TVP - Vengeance Pack... And I'm only assuming his commentary will be on the new release.

https://www.facebook.com/reeleast/

So if that is the case, I just may be able to scrounge up enough cash for this killer media-book.

Edit: However, Bey's comments, on his page, are in reference to another future TVP release (early 2016), Shaw Brothers The Flying Guillotine.  So on second thought, TVP's The Fatal Flying Guillotines will probably not have Bey Logan's commentary.

Edited by Pai Mei
  • Like 4

I have not seen this yet but will definitely pick it. And regarding commentary tracks and other info about releases, feel free to contact TVP guy through facebook. Besides tvps own releases he (obviously) have great knowledge of martial arts cinema in general and is very friendly dude...

:smile

• Like 2

Are there other movies that come with Fatal Flying Guillotines 

don't think so but the distributor is releasing snake in the eagles shadow 2 on blu some time next year

also regarding the fatal flying blu it's the same cut as german vhs/vengeance video release :wondering

TVP - The Vengeance Pack Hello smile emoticon The Blu Ray will be uncut in violence/gore. But some Story Elements are not included in the HD/TVP Cut. The uncut Stoy Elements are just not that great and didn´t make it to HD. So they are only included in the reconstructed SD Cut

• Like 3

Morgoth Bauglir

So it's a 3 disc set that comes with just FFG?  Are there special features?  It'd be awesome to get an interview with Chan Siu Pang.  

• Like 2

So it's a 3 disc set that comes with just FFG?  Are there special features?  It'd be awesome to get an interview with Chan Siu Pang.  

found some more info

''

Disc 1 : Blu Ray
* TVP - version in HD ( 80min ) : This version resulted in the German theatrical version and has some additional blood and violent scenes that were not previously included .
* " Reconstructed version " in SD ( 88min ) : All action scenes that were missing in the German version , there are available! Everything German or English subtitled
* Advertising ( High-resolution lobby cards , posters, photos )
* Trailer ( old and new)
* TVP Trailer

Disc 2 : DVD 1
* TVP version
* Advertising ( lobby cards , posters, photos )
* Trailer ( old and new)
* TVP Trailer

Disc 3 : DVD 2
* Reconstructed version''

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?cPath=632_655&products_id=60599

Edited by lungfei
  • Like 4

This is out now, has anyone got it and can comment on PQ? Or link to a review, even if its in German (can use Google translate)

• Like 2

On 1/6/2016 at 10:58 AM, flash_kicks said:

This is out now, has anyone got it and can comment on PQ? Or link to a review, even if its in German (can use Google translate)

Mine's en-route from Amazon.de, i should have it tomorrow.3 disc set seems like overkill though and at the price they are charging they'll be lucky to sell 200 copies imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Mine's en-route from Amazon.de, i should have it tomorrow.3 disc set seems like overkill though and at the price they are charging they'll be lucky to sell 200 copies imo

Youre probably right but im still interested. They should have done a single disc-er in a standard case they could still have charged 20 euros for it I reckon.

Edited by flash_kicks
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, saltysam said:

they charge 15 euros shipping so even with me paying more at Amazon.de it worked out cheaper

damn i did not check the shipping costs but still it's crazy money for a bootleg

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, flash_kicks said:

here is a short sample clip from a rip(note i only downloaded the rip to provide some sample video to forum members and deleted it right after as i intend to purchase once the price comes down a little bit :cool)

https://vid.me/BsZC

it's a bootleg?

well technically yes since it's scanned from an old german 35mm print and not from the original distributor(if one still exists) :wondering

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, lungfei said:

damn i did not check the shipping costs but still it's crazy money for a bootleg

it's a bootleg?

1 hour ago, lungfei said:

well technically yes since it's scanned from an old german 35mm print and not from the original distributor(if one still exists) :wondering

Technically that would make countless legitimate releases of movies 'bootlegs'.  Just to clarify, this release is NOT a bootleg, it's legitimate.  Let's steer clear of branding official releases bootlegs just based on individual opinion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Technically that would make countless legitimate releases of movies 'bootlegs'.  Just to clarify, this release is NOT a bootleg, it's legitimate.  Let's steer clear of branding official releases bootlegs just based on individual opinion.

it's just a transfer from an old german 35mm print like a lot of indie label german kung fu dvd releases and i have seen many.

even the blu of return of the chinese boxer & the master and the kid were the same transfered from 35mm reels that they find in film vaults spannick would know more of about this though. :cool

not trying to pee anyone off here just thought i would make clear to any uniformed consumers that is all :cool

4_stahlharte_Faeuste_1977_German_BDRip_x

Edited by lungfei
  • Like 1