Game Of Death (1978) Lobby Card Question

DragonClaws

Can anyone confirm if the lobby card image below was taken during rehearsals for Game Of Death 78?. Bob Wall is seen kicking a Chinese actor/stuntman in the same arena used for the Sammo/Wall fight, only its empty with no roof. There's no deleted scenes that feature such a fight that I'm aware of. It would be strange to use an image taken during rehearsals if that's what it is?.

game-of-death.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But is that the same arena?

To me, makes no sense that they'd build an actual, working arena.

The one in the movie looks like a real arena. Bigger. I could be wrong.

But is that the same arena?

To me, makes no sense that they'd build an actual, working arena.

The one in the movie looks like a real arena. Bigger. I could be wrong.

They did build the arena on the Golden Harvest back lot according to Bey Logan's comments on his G.O.D commentary. I don't think there was any venue in HK that was suitable at the time?.

I can't answer your question entirely, but I believe the stuntman is Mars.

Thanks Keung, I was wondering who the stuntman could be. The rest of the set features stills from the film so its odd they choose this picture.

Hmmm, I can't recall if Mike Leeder said if it was a real arena or not in his commentary. I'd have to look at the BD again, as its been a while.

Hmmm, I can't recall if Mike Leeder said if it was a real arena or not in his commentary. I'd have to look at the BD again, as its been a while.

They did build it for the film and I think the reason was due to them not having such a venue to use for the scene.

Archived