Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Vote here for one of the following:

Boxer from Shantung

Blood Brothers

14 Amazons

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of those titles are really interesting(good movies but there are loads I would to see as br instead) but I voted for 14 amazons.

Although  I do not have discs, I believe boxer and brothers have been released in Germany as bluray with english subtitles.

To kill a mastermind, magnificent ruffians or uncut avenging eagle would have me drooling....

:monk_crying:

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Yeah 

they were underwhelming choices, but at least they're still committed to releasing blu rays and allowing the public to have their say. 

I voted for Boxer... since I am not going all region unless it's one of my Top 10 Shaws going blu or a non-Shaw I simply must have. 

Yeah I agree fully with Tex. None of the three are any of my favorites, I'll probably vote for 14 Amazons.

What do you mean when you say you "aren't going all region" Lady Jin?

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Long story short, it's not safe using my all region player in our apartment (electrical.) So unless it's a film I absolutely adore and must have on blu, going to skip all region. 

bobostilllives

I also voted for 14 AMAZONS. I would actually like all three on blu ray. is there any info who would be releasing this blu ray ? also-when ?  would this be a north American release and would it include the English dub version ?   lots of questions-- time for some research .

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Bobo, you might want to hit Celestial's Facebook page. I didn't see any of the information you you mentioned though. 

I also voted for 14 AMAZONS. I would actually like all three on blu ray. is there any info who would be releasing this blu ray ? also-when ?  would this be a north American release and would it include the English dub version ?   lots of questions-- time for some research .

Well, if Celestial releases one of these movies the same way they did the 36th Chamber of Shaolin box set, then you would end up getting it through yesasia or dddhouse like you would any other HK release. And, since 36th Chamber had the English dub then I would imagine this would too unless it was not available. 

Secret Executioner

Was hesitating between The 14 Amazons and The Blood Brothers, but ultimately went with the Amazons since it's the better movie.

I would actually take shantung instead of 14 amazons. I voted for 14 because seen it only once but boxer is clearly better movie even as very end is bit overdone IMO. Chen kuan tai is extremely good in this..well same could be said about teahouse, big boss of shanghai(yes I know its not shaw flick:p), man of iron ect...

:bs_overwhelmed:

The 14 Amazons is my favourite but I don't understand why The Boxer From Shantung,Blood Brothers and many other classics should be held back.

I am just glad they are still (just about) releasing Blu's. I'd be happy with any of these, voted Shantung though.

All of these movies need to be released on blu-ray! Or, at least let us download the titles we want so we can burn our own discs and won't be restricted by a media player. Throw us a bone, here Celestial. :laugh

Archived