AHNA CAPRI FOOTAGE

hutchy1111

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob has hit the nail on the head folks. The pissing contest comment another member made in the "Shaolin Traditional Punch Forms" thread also is dead on.

Heated debate keeps forums lively but we have to also keep our wits and try to be respectful towards each other. We're all here because we share the same passion. Doesn't mean we have to like each other but .... we can at least pretend to try. Thanks.

It's garbage like this that have made me come here to read and post much less often. And I'm not alone in feeling this way either. Many wonderful old time forum members have told me that they are sick of the negative crap, the member on member attacks, and the outbursts of nastiness in general. This forum is supposed to be a cool place for people with the shared interest of Asian films to get to speak with one another. Remember? :neutral:

TibetanWhiteCrane

I think Tigerstyles was using the term jap bastard as a comical reference to the japan bashing dialogue used in Fist Of Fury or FOF for short. But that's just my interpretation.

gravedigger666
I think Tigerstyles was using the term jap bastard as a comical reference to the japan bashing dialogue used in Fist Of Fury or FOF for short. But that's just my interpretation.

Prolly best moment ever in any BL movie is when he kicks to pieces sign "no dogs or chinese allowed" in park:bigsmile:

But what in any martial arts movie, or any movie, for that matter, is really worth getting worked up about? Movies are only entertainment, right? What makes Ahna Capri's footage special to Bruce Lee fans is it's rarity; how much behind the scenes footage from Bruce Lee's movies is out there, available to be seen? How much footage of him outside of his movies or TV appearances is there, period? Not very much, particularly if we're talking about stuff that's been officially released.

Bruce Lee didn't really get the chance to leave that much film work behind, fans were left wanting more, & many of us still do, I guess.

thedirtytiger

Can we get this thread back on track please and someone direct me to a place where I can see this footage please ? Someone was kind enough to send me a link, but footage has been removed so I can't see it.....

Killer Meteor
I await flames... but having seen the 11 mins of silent and blurry Capri footage it's really nothing to get worked up over.

The bit of Bob Wall sliding across the ground from the impact of Bruce's kick was damn cool...should have been in the film!

I didn't really share it. I just got a link from someone. Credit goes to Steve Kerridge for sharing it finally and shrinking it into a tiny blocky mess which is difficult to make out. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dfbv8O1kG0&list=FLs_clV4Jn52DEgEm1ste2UA&index=2

Here is the link again....

Baring in mind that it's likely to be the last piece of meaningful Bruce Lee (in his prime) footage that we are likely to see in our respective lifetimes, I think we should all be grateful. His talent was on display, even if it was only for seconds, and that is what "most of us" were looking for.

I loved it....

I hope it`s not the last bit of meaningful footage we`ll see. I`m hoping the outdoor footage from g.o.d rehearsals surfaces one day.

My gratitude goes out to Steve Kerridge for putting this out, whatever the quality.

But the question still remains, why such low quality ?

I hope it`s not the last bit of meaningful footage we`ll see. I`m hoping the outdoor footage from g.o.d rehearsals surfaces one day.

My gratitude goes out to Steve Kerridge for putting this out, whatever the quality.

But the question still remains, why such low quality ?

Well my guess is this was a 16mm to VHS transfer that has been kicking about forever and it's just knackered. The scratches during portions of the material are indicative of wear and tear and damage.

As for the actual conversion, who knows. It hasn't been done professionally but on the upside, there is not once segment where you can't make out what's going on. It will get a general release eventually, probably on the 40th Anniversary edition of ETD in 2013.

tangshandaxiong

Thing with this footage might be that the owner of rights seems very serious about it. Plus the fact that he wants every single bit of it to be removed from the net indicates this. There was a short snippet of the footage in way better quality in video put together for Shannon Lee`s blog on the brucelee website. It seems that the clip experienced the same fate aswell as it`s removed due to copyright issues, too.

Like other fellows here I don`t exactly know or understand what drives him to do this but it seems like we really have to stick with the material SK and DT shared with us. I really doubt that any of this footage in better quality will ever be released officially. Well as always let`s cross fingers..

Thing with this footage might be that the owner of rights seems very serious about it. Plus the fact that he wants every single bit of it to be removed from the net indicates this. There was a short snippet of the footage in way better quality in video put together for Shannon Lee`s blog on the brucelee website. It seems that the clip experienced the same fate aswell as it`s removed due to copyright issues, too.

Like other fellows here I don`t exactly know or understand what drives him to do this but it seems like we really have to stick with the material SK and DT shared with us. I really doubt that any of this footage in better quality will ever be released officially. Well as always let`s cross fingers..

The thing is dude. Have it in poor quality or don't have it at all?

It's out now so the collector, whether he has it in better quality or not, is f*cked! The rarity of the footage has just dropped a metric ton.

Plus there will be people who can rip the youtube video directly off the net and tidy it up.

The thing is dude. Have it in poor quality or don't have it at all?

It's out now so the collector, whether he has it in better quality or not, is f*cked! The rarity of the footage has just dropped a metric ton.

Plus there will be people who can rip the youtube video directly off the net and tidy it up.

That's what he gets for trying to hold on to something that doesn't belong to him anyway!

"Don't concentrate on exclusive, or you will miss all that rarity glory!"

:xd:

That's what he gets for trying to hold on to something that doesn't belong to him anyway!

"Don't concentrate on exclusive, or you will miss all that rarity glory!"

:xd:

The fact that it was held back for all these years is nothing short of disgusting. I hope whoever shelled out all the money for it is pissed off beyond comprehension.

Yellow Faced Tiger

Back after a long absence from the forums

Just got done watching the footage and all I can say is that people are butt-holes. Ticks me off that private collectors try to withhold nearly priceless footage like this to themselves (well...I suppose not PRICELESS in the literal sense but you catch my drift).

I'm utterly stupid at legal stuff. How much trouble could I get for making a gif out of Bruce doing his little dance on set lmao (technically I guess that would be leaking footage).

newgen2005

Great little treasure chest, very nice indeed!! Shame this sort of thing is held back for such a long time!

I wonder in 10-20 years time if more of this stuff will appear? Let's hope they release more stuff before the older generation fans get too old to to see it!! No point saving it for the younger generations as most of them wouldn't appreciate how rare it is!! I also wonder how much footage the Bruce Lee estate owns? They keep showing off hand written notes and books/diaries that Bruce wrote, why would they hold back on the footage and make us older fans do without? after all said and done us older fans keep his memory going!

Back to the footage uploaded on rapidshare (Ahna_Capri_Footage.wmv), was this the actual video resolution shown on network54 before it was taken down? Just curious as the quality is so bad, I not talking about the footage quality, just about the encoding of the wmv file!!

Remember this was only shot on 8mm so the quality is never going to be great.

A Japanese collector paid a lot of money for it, sad isn't it that he will probably stay in his own sad world watching it again and again..lol....

There is more footage out there, behind the scenes Way Of The Dragon / Game of Death for instance, but most people, even some hard core Lee fans, don't really care anymore, there are much more important things in life!

Archived