AHNA CAPRI FOOTAGE

hutchy1111

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thing naokie nishiie have the rights of the video?! Thats what youtube says.

He dont want to released it to the public but the video is out now!

anyone other must have a copy!

maybe another copys from collectors can comes out to.

It can be possible!:smile:

cooksandkungfoodle

Thanks for this rare footage..I have shared this with a few die hard bruce lee fans..Be a shame if they didnt see this as they are bigger fans of the brucemeister than i am...

gravedigger666

I've heard on good authority that some or all of that New territories film has been bought by a Japanese collector. This means we probably wont see it in the next 50 years. I don't know why, but this is what tends to happen when some random anonymous collector buys footage. I don't know why they want to buy it and not show it to the world though. Doesn't make sense to me.

It does make sense if you are collector and want to have something exclusive.He propably shows it to local friends and maybe upload of clip to net to display what he has but would not share even for money let alone free.

I am not saying it`s unfair but can understand frustration of diehard Bruce fans....

Nope. I don't get it at all. I couldn't keep something to myself like that. What would be the point? Sure, you can sell a few copies for big bucks if you're lucky, but after years you would eventually think "Other fans like myself need to see this. It's too good to miss."

I would want to make others happy and show off what I have. But I guess I'm just normal and decent.

I admit, I would try and make money off it at first, but eventually I would share it with more and more people. He must have made his money back by now.

It does make sense if you are collector and want to have something exclusive.

Why? what does having something 'exclusive' do?

gravedigger666
Nope. I don't get it at all. I couldn't keep something to myself like that. What would be the point? Sure, you can sell a few copies for big bucks if you're lucky, but after years you would eventually think "Other fans like myself need to see this. It's too good to miss."

I would want to make others happy and show off what I have. But I guess I'm just normal and decent.

I admit, I would try and make money off it at first, but eventually I would share it with more and more people. He must have made his money back by now.

Why? what does having something 'exclusive' do?

Not everyone think Mr.Dollar first.Jealous is as bad part of human nature as greed.If/as that jap guy wants to keep that item in his personal use we shoud respect that.Like we do to big boss 2 african collector.

Don't compare some Bruceploitation film with real footage of the Little Dragon! 'lol :xd: I couldn't give a rat's ass about Big Boss 2.

If it's not to do with money making, then what on earth is it to do with?!

And no, I wont respect some weirdo for keeping important footage hostage. It's the right of the long time devoted fans world wide to see the footage. He has no right to keep it from us. And why would he want to? Pretty messed up if you ask me. I could never do that. I can't believe there are fans that are actually like this. It makes me sad.

I take it as you're defending him that you would do the same?

We're all collectors...some more wealthy than others.

gravedigger666
Don't compare some Bruceploitation film with real footage of the Little Dragon! 'lol :xd: I couldn't give a rat's ass about Big Boss 2.

If it's not to do with money making, then what on earth is it to do with?!

And no, I wont respect some weirdo for keeping important footage hostage. It's the right of the long time devoted fans world wide to see the footage. He has no right to keep it from us. And why would he want to? Pretty messed up if you ask me. I could never do that. I can't believe there are fans that are actually like this. It makes me sad.

I take it as you're defending him that you would do the same?

We're all collectors...some more wealthy than others.

Lol urs opinion is not better than mine,neither worse..and I would take big boss 2 anyday over some footage of Lee Jun Fan...

Both would be accepted over here but seems not gonna happen....:cry:

At least part of it. Did anyone notice that in one of Shannon's recent video messages on Bruce's influence on dancers Ahna Capri's little clip of Bruce dancing on ETD's set is included? That clip only lasts a few seconds, but the simple fact that the Lee estate is able to share it makes me think they probably have it all & are basically holding out on fans. I'd guess that they figure they can make more money off it if they give us a few seconds here & a few seconds there in various projects (apparently there's another Bruce Lee documentary called "I Am Bruce Lee" coming to TV [spike channel?] this Fall, I'd guess we'll see a few seconds of Ahna's footage there) rather than letting us have the whole 12 (maybe 15?) minutes as a DVD or Blu-ray extra. Remember how little of the previously unreleased color footage of Bruce's Longbeach demos was included in the How Bruce Lee Changed The World documentary? What was it, maybe 10 seconds? Is that all they have of that footage? I don't think so.

Just noticed the Bruce Lee official site has taken down that video with the dance clip due to copyright infringement. How in the hell does one private collecter get the sole rights to this footage?! Warner Bros and/or the Lee family couldn't afford it?! Is that B S I'm smelling?

gravedigger666
Just noticed the Bruce Lee official site has taken down that video with the dance clip due to copyright infringement. How in the hell does one private collecter get the sole rights to this footage?! Warner Bros and/or the Lee family couldn't afford it?! Is that B S I'm smelling?

Maybe they just did not want to fight about it?

• Administrator

First let me say- I also wish that this footage was readily and legally available. I watched it right after it was posted, enjoyed it immensely, and would love to have it on DVD to watch over and over. :nerd:

However...

You know guys, debate is healthy. It can sometimes get heated. Fine. But it would be nice if everyone would remain respectful. Some of the above discussion had people staying level-headed, and others spouting angry accusations and hate-filled declarations. What good have anger and vile words ever done for anyone? I wish that when people disagreed they could just be civil (as some have done here). Just treat others as you'd like to be treated. It's that simple. If someone has a different opinion than you, it won't hurt you!

But, there are some words that are very hurtful...

That selfish Jap bastard has decided to claim copyright over it and now its removed

Really dude? Really? Why bring a racial slur into this? Very disappointing. :squigglemouth:

It's garbage like this that have made me come here to read and post much less often. And I'm not alone in feeling this way either. Many wonderful old time forum members have told me that they are sick of the negative crap, the member on member attacks, and the outbursts of nastiness in general. This forum is supposed to be a cool place for people with the shared interest of Asian films to get to speak with one another. Remember? :neutral:

Oh come on it was a FOF cure man!

FFS

last thing I am is racist so dont jump on that fuckin bandwagon cux its the real world we all live in

First let me say- I also wish that this footage was readily and legally available. I watched it right after it was posted, enjoyed it immensely, and would love to have it on DVD to watch over and over. :nerd:

However...

You know guys, debate is healthy. It can sometimes get heated. Fine. But it would be nice if everyone would remain respectful. Some of the above discussion had people staying level-headed, and others spouting angry accusations and hate-filled declarations. What good have anger and vile words ever done for anyone? I wish that when people disagreed they could just be civil (as some have done here). Just treat others as you'd like to be treated. It's that simple. If someone has a different opinion than you, it won't hurt you!

But, there are some words that are very hurtful...

Really dude? Really? Why bring a racial slur into this? Very disappointing. :squigglemouth:

It's garbage like this that have made me come here to read and post much less often. And I'm not alone in feeling this way either. Many wonderful old time forum members have told me that they are sick of the negative crap, the member on member attacks, and the outbursts of nastiness in general. This forum is supposed to be a cool place for people with the shared interest of Asian films to get to speak with one another. Remember? :neutral:

i uploaded the footage on my facebook..lets see how long till i get a notice to take it down.then again how would the owner of the footage know?

You're right Bob. I rarely lose my composer, but when someone says "we should respect someone for deciding to hold footage hostage" I can't keep my cool. Although my anger wasn't really aimed at the guy who said that, it was aimed at the 'Capri video hostage taker. :bigsmile:

• Administrator
Oh come on it was a FOF cure man!

Maybe everyone between the ages of 12 and 25 knows what you're talking about, but I don't speak "text talk" or whatever that is you're writing. What is a "FOF cure"? I've seen FIST OF FURY abbreviated as FoF before, but that meaning doesn't seem to make any sense (to me) within the context of your sentence. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I do know what FFS means.

last thing I am is racist so dont jump on that fuckin bandwagon cux its the real world we all live in

I'm glad to hear that. But since all I (and any other reader of your comments) know about you is what you've written, then if you're not a racist you are grossly misrepresenting yourself with your previous callous statement. I'll take you at your word that you're not a racist, but will simply say then that I found your comment ill advised and tasteless in any context. So you're not a racist, you were simply being thoughtless?

I don't know what "cux" is. And I certainly don't understand the meaning of this statement either. Yes, it's the real world that we live in. A world that is sadly tainted by racial slurs and thoughtless comments. Since you are aware of the "real world", them perhaps you could refrain from writing hurtful things that might offend "real people". My comment states how I feel about what you said. Since your response was not "I didn't mean it that way, and I hope that I didn't offend any Japanese members", I have to wonder if you even got my point.

Hey guys -

So far 3 THREE Japanese names have come up claiming the rights to the footage.

Let's nip this in the BUD now.

10 years ago on another network54 forum stills from this footage was posted by a one David Tadman. This was before there was any talk of Ahna auctioning the footage to collectors.

I pulled a Teako back then and saved the post and pictures (Full Frame VHS stills).

David Tadman can be reached here, where his next specific project Bruce Lee Forever is releasing more materials and projects on the late Bruce Lee for "years to come". Check it out:

http://www.insidekung-fu.com/content/view/234/37/

...If/as that jap guy wants to keep that item in his personal use we shoud respect that.Like we do to big boss 2 african collector.

No we shouldn't.

:nerd:

We should send this guy after that Japanese guy:

picture.php?albumid=35&pictureid=896

Archived