Newsweek's Bruce Lee Issue

AlbertV

Has anyone seen this at the newspaper/magazine stands? Newsweek did a special 75th birthday issue with everything Bruce Lee. They even interviewed Michael Jai White about Lee influencing him and asked what his favorite Bruce Lee fight scenes are. I picked this up yesterday at Winn Dixie but skimmed through it. I will be reading it sometime tonight :)

Bruce_Lee_cover_low_res_1024x1024.jpg?v=

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantom Dreamer

Another Newsweek Bruce Lee special edition. I have no idea why they're using essentially the same cover as the "75 Years of the Dragon" issue.

newsweek-special-edition-bruce-lee-reprint-cover.jpg

11 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Another Newsweek Bruce Lee special edition. I have no idea why they're using essentially the same cover as the "75 Years of the Dragon" issue.

They could be just re-issueing the same magazine again?.

Phantom Dreamer
6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

They could be just re-issueing the same magazine again?.

Probably. I haven't seen either one.

• Administrator

My guess is that it was so popular that they simply reissued it, removing the no longer appropriate mention of "75 years". Which is good, now more fans get the chance to pick it up. In fact, I just saw it on a newsstand yesterday.

You know, I thought that I had mentioned it here (maybe it was a post that got lost when the site went down?), but when I started reading this there were at least 3 mistakes on the very first page! Maybe it was the intro even... I was reading it out loud to my wife and shaking my head and saying "wrong... wrong..." She said "Well, if this art thing doesn't work out, maybe you can get a job editing Bruce Lee books." She's pretty funny. :xd: Hmmm... um... at least it has... nice photos. :tongue:

15 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

You know, I thought that I had mentioned it here (maybe it was a post that got lost when the site went down?), but when I started reading this there were at least 3 mistakes on the very first page! Maybe it was the intro even... I was reading it out loud to my wife and shaking my head and saying "wrong... wrong..." She said "Well, if this art thing doesn't work out, maybe you can get a job editing Bruce Lee books." She's pretty funny. :xd: Hmmm... um... at least it has... nice photos. :tongue:

You did post about it here, remember us talking about the mistakes in the article.

They didn't mention Bruce Lee's fight with the 29 Ninja did they?.

Phantom Dreamer

Saw a copy of this Sunday at a big box store that shall remain nameless, didn't skim through it but noticed that it was $11. I find it hard to believe it contains any new anecdotes or unseen photos.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
5 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Saw a copy of this Sunday at a big box store that shall remain nameless, didn't skim through it but noticed that it was $11. I find it hard to believe it contains any new anecdotes or unseen photos.

I skimmed through it a few times, both in it's original release and the reissue. It's good as a gateway to all things Bruce Lee, but not much else. 

12 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Anyone get a physical copy of this?

Nope, and he's now the father of modern martial arts, and ot just MMA?, or are they one and the same?.

Phantom Dreamer
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Nope, and he's now the father of modern martial arts, and ot just MMA?, or are they one and the same?.

Whoever edited that probably meant to say "mixed" martial arts, unless that's trademarked.

Archived