The Handmaiden (2015) - Park Chan-wook

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

After making his Hollywood debut with the fantastic 2012 production 'Stoker', Park Chan-wook is returning to Korea for his next feature, 'The Handmaid'.  Based on the novel Fingersmith by Sarah Waters, which revolves around a group of petty thieves in Victorian era London, Chan-wook's movie shifts the plot to 1930's Korea, when it was still under Japanese rule.

Production is still underway, however the first image has been released which features Ha Jeong-woo, Kim Min-hee, Jo Jin-woong, and Kim Tae-ri.

http://twitchfilm.com/assets_c/2015/10/Handmaid-thumb-630xauto-58129.jpg

• Like 1

I like all of Park Chan-Wook's films and I'm hoping this latest film will be satisfying. Seems to skew on the Stoker side of things.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Twitch have confirmed that production wrapped on Halloween following five months of shooting in both Korea and Japan, & another still has been released.  Check out the full article along with the still below - 

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/11/park-chan-wooks-the-handmaid-wraps-on-halloween-new-still-revealed-1.html

rsz_2015_-_the_handmaid_still_2-thumb-63

• Like 1

I don’t know why I slept on this film for so long but today I finally got around to watching The Handmaiden (2016)

I was blown away. It has everything: lesbian romance, twists and turns, forgery, poetic smut, torture, a sex octopus, dicks in jars, suicide, a few good laughs, plentiful erotica and a whole lot more. All exquisitely directed and acted too. Truly a five star movie.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

It has everything: lesbian romance, twists and turns, forgery, poetic smut, torture, a sex octopus, dicks in jars, suicide, a few good laughs, plentiful erotica and a whole lot more.

Just when I think I know what “everything” means, you go and broaden my definition.

SNL’s Stefon would be proud…

• Like 3