The Priests (2015) - Korea's Version of 'The Exorcist'

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

First time director Jang Jae-hyeon looks to be taking on a Korean version of 'The Exorcist' for his debut movie, 'The Priests'.  The movie stars Kim Yoon-seok ('The Thieves', 'The Yellow Sea') and Kang Dong-won ('Kundo: Age of the Rampant', 'Secret Reunion') as a pair of priests, who hope to exorcise what they believe to be an evil spirit possessing the body of a young girl in a coma.  Yoon-seok and Dong-won have appeared onscreen together before in 2009's 'Jeon Woo Chi: The Taoist Wizard', so hopefully they can strike it second time lucky under the direction of Jae-hyeon.

fullsizephoto634902.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

They've certainly got some of the atmosphere down pat. I wonder how far they'll go with the young lady's possession. I don't need shock, but in terms it being intense and all. For me, the real horror of The Exorcist  remains the issue of abandonment that kept coming up with Father Karras and Reagan. Seems like we might get something like that here with the older priest. 

Thanks for posting this OAB. 

I'm actually surprised that story will have elements of horror. When I first heard about this project I thought that it will be about priests covering some kind of crime and struggling with their faith :laugh

Archived