New Bruce Lee Comic Coming in 2016

Karlos

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...not too sure about the premise here but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Thoughts, guys?

Thanks for posting Karlito.I had no idea that Shannon was going to endeavor in yet another scheme to further bank off of her father's legacy.She already has the clothing line out which are expensive as hell even for a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie,Bruce Lee Cologne,now this redundant attempt at a comic book.

Hear me out...This won't be the first time a comic has been put out about Bruce and just because his daughter is behind it doesn't mean it'll be anymore successful than the previous forays in the past.It's not like this project is being done for the fans wanting it,It's solely for financial gain I believe.

You got the 5th IP MAN movie coming out which features Bruce (even if it is a cameo)So why not milk it further and follow-up with a Bruce Lee Comic where he doesn't age and he's running amok in modern day kicking ass and promoting JKD and maybe fighting in the UFC.I'll bet you there will be a plotline similar if not exactly how I said.

Call me a wet blanket but I think I'm gonna skip this farce.I've had my fill of Bruce Lee in comics when I bought the mini series that ran in Malibu comics and The Kato series from Now publishing.I'd rather see Shannon try to revitalize her acting career than this tomfoolery.Or at the very least do something more innovative like doing a Bruce Lee anime or CGI motion picture.something that's NEVER been done before.

Pretty much agree with everything you said, Kokuryuha.

I'm sure I'll end up buying the first issue but the whole thing smacks of such insincerity - and the fact it's masterminded by Bruce's own daughter...well, I thought no-one was more loyal than Daddy's little girl?

If its a success they can launch a full length animated film/T.V series, action figures, more T shirts etc etc.

Here's an old example of a BL themed comic.

21162869782_96ac40fbc5_b.jpg

If its a success they can launch a ful length animated film/T.V series action figures,more T shirts etc etc.

Here's an old example of a BL themed comic.

21162869782_96ac40fbc5_b.jpg

No offense DC,but they could do a Bruce Lee cartoon show or animated movie right now if they wanted to.And if the comic is a success they'll just put a higher price tag on it.And that Deadly Hands of kung fu comic is a Shang Chi based comic that had the habit of putting martal artists like Bruce Lee,Jim Kelly,etc on their covers to sell more issues.If they already came out with the biopic,video game,cologne,clothing line,etc.why not do something that's never been done before instead of another comic book? 

OpiumKungFuCracker

My only complaint about this is that it's too kid friendly like the Archie Comics. Then again we're talking about comics here, it suppose to be for kids and not for middle aged men like myself. Oh well what the heck, I'll end up buying it. Has anyone been reading any of the Kato comics? Is that any good or at least dark?

No offense DC,but they could do a Bruce Lee cartoon show or animated movie right now if they wanted to.And if the comic is a success they'll just put a higher price tag on it.And that Deadly Hands of kung fu comic is a Shang Chi based comic that had the habit of putting martal artists like Bruce Lee,Jim Kelly,etc on their covers to sell more issues.If they already came out with the biopic,video game,cologne,clothing line,etc.why not do something that's never been done before instead of another comic book? 

No offense taken, they have talked about doing an animated show in the past. My point was if the comic became popular they would surely start creating more products just based on that alone.

This is a better example of a BL related comic. I couldn't find a decent image from this series yesterday. The estate must have known they were using his likeness on the covers of Deadly Hands Of KF?.

1312649-bruce_lee_003.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=61138&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=70140

Issue #0 will be part of Free Comic Book Day 2016 next May.

(Is that guy bottom middle meant to be Jim Kelly or someone?)

Looks like Jim Kelly.

There's some really talented creative people on the internet who I'm sure could come up with a better cover design.

OpiumKungFuCracker

From Bruce Lee Enterprise. Oh I see why no one has commented, LMAO!! DAMN YOU SHANNON LEE!!!! and Linda Cadunwell!

DragonClaws
4 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

From Bruce Lee Enterprise. Oh I see why no one has commented, LMAO!! DAMN YOU SHANNON LEE!!!! and Linda Cadunwell!

Hi @OpiumKungFuCracker, it's been brought up in the BL Estate Thread dude, which is probably why people havent comment here.

@DragonClawsI read issue #1 and thought it was ok (but can't remember much about it!)

It ran for 4 issues and a trade paperback is available:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Lee-Dragon-Jeff-Kline/dp/1942367341/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547325038&sr=8-1&keywords=dragon+rises+bruce+lee

Archived