Keeper of Darkness (2015) - Nick Cheung Horror

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

After stepping into the directors chair with last years 'Hungry Ghost Ritual', Nick Cheung is returning for a second crack at the horror genre with 'Keeper of Darkness', and just like with his first effort, he's also taking the lead.

The plot sounds like a riff on the Lam Ching Ying starring 'Magic Cop', as Cheung will play an excorcism master who uses negotiation techniques to see off the evil spirits.

The movie will have its premiere as the closing film of the Hong Kong Asian Film Festival on 22nd November.  Check out the trailer below -

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Keeper of Darkness looks pretty crazy.  I don't watch many new movies but I might have to see this one. 

I hope it's better than the first film. The first film was pretty mediocre. The trailer looks like it could be fun, but I hope it's not dark and gritty to the point of depression.

Man of Steel was like that, and look how that turned out.

One Armed Boxer

I hope it's better than the first film. The first film was pretty mediocre.

Hey FilmMomatic, I'm curious to know which movie you think this is a sequel to?  As far as I'm aware this is an original movie.

Hey FilmMomatic, I'm curious to know which movie you think this is a sequel to?  As far as I'm aware this is an original movie.

Oops, I mean to say "his". As in Nick Cheung's first directorial film.

One Armed Boxer

Oops, I mean to say "his". As in Nick Cheung's first directorial film.

Ah, that makes more sense!  I stayed away from 'Hungry Ghost Ritual' as well, based on the slew of mostly negative reviews that came through upon its release.  Hopefully he learnt some lessons from his debut.

Archived