Behind The Scenes at Shaws

David Rees

Just thought i would start a topic where people can post pictures of behind the scenes at Shaw movies, here i will start with 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

36th_bts333.thumb.jpg.9ee4f02d185fb5693236th_ch_bts009.thumb.jpg.7562a8f1123da6836th_chamber_bts555.thumb.jpg.78867c8e39liu_gordon.thumb.jpg.faa9596019eea19d80a

• Like 5

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Thanks for starting this David. I'll continue with more Pops... this time from Shaolin Mantis.

from Hong Kong Movie Tours: http://hongkongmovietours.blogspot.com/2015/04/shaolin-mantis-behind-scenes.html

bts lau chiang unknown.jpg

Pops and Chiang Shaolin Mantis.png

Pops Shaolin Mantis .png

C Wong and W Tong Shaolin Mantis.png

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi
The Cecilia Wong and Wilson Tong photo isn't playing nice
  • Like 4

Cognoscente

Taken from Wong Jing's 2011 memoir...

Photo 1: He explained the Shaw connection: "I signed a 9 movie contract but I shot 19 movies for the Shaw Brothers. I was their only director to do more than required. One of the movies which I shot was 100 Ways to Murder Your Wife. It was meant to be Kenny Bee's directorial début but Shaw Brothers were getting concerned that he might go over-budget. He was so popular that he could get away with being associated with a morbid project, so I didn't mind not being credited. When it was sold to Golden Harvest, that signified the ending of an era and the beginning of my brio."

Photo 2: The Chinese characters in brackets identify the movie as what became known in English as Facets of Love (1973), although the costumes and hair make me think that it could be The Golden Lotus (1974). However, Yueh Hua didn't appear in the latter. Jackie Chan appeared in both of Li Han-Hsiang's films. Perhaps if Jackie joined SB instead of Golden Harvest, Li would have been his Sammo.

Photo 3: The Where's Wally? of Shaw Bros. photography.

IMG_20210524_073246.jpg

IMG_20210524_073837.jpg

IMG_20210524_122806.jpg

• Like 5

Omni Dragon

I found this twitter post while browsing online, this thread seems a fitting place to share it with the forum.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1