SHO KOSUGI VS. JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME!

Guest Liu chung liang

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

Cool clips. Too bad it's painfully obvious that Sho Kosugi is holding back to make Jean Claude look good.

KFS

Guest Chinatown Kid

LOL, That clip of JC dancing reminded me of the dancing he did in the bar in the movie Kickboxer while that song "Feeling so good today, ain't nobody standing in my way" played on the jukebox. Really though I'm a fan of both Kosugi and Van Damme, I enjoyed their fight scene in that film Black Eagle. I'm pretty sure Kosugi is alot higher in rank and experience in his style than what Van Damme is in his style and experience in the arts.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think that clip was from the original Breakin' movie but it's been decades since I seen that film.

Guest jmungus
hmmmm not much is being said. what do you guyz think of the fight?

both fights are wack.

nice stretching abilities of the protagonists, semi-good spinning, sub par but tolerable display of "force" in their movements, shitty-a$$ boring choreo, okay editing for a hollywood movie of its time (but could be done a million times better of course), POP-factor (power of persuasion) of the fights in total: 2/10.

Guest Liu chung liang

2/10? Forget I asked. They are both real fighters, but them fighting on film... It doesn't match up to the HK cinema choreography etc. I know but I'm more forgiving.

Firstable, Kosugi has never worked with Van Damme before. So it's a treat already to see them go at it for once, but yeah they could had done a better job. The fight is reality base, but as it goes on... it seems like they are fighting to see who is the better fighter. But with that choreography? I dunno. Plus you can clearly see that both guys are giving eachother free hits. That doesn't really make it reality base so much anymore. Anyway you can compare this fight to those US MA films, with their choreography, which are even worse. So comparing this to those. It's decent. I give it a 5/10.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I agree Liu, I thought it was a pretty decent fight. The best fightwise I've ever seen Van Damme was in No Retreat, No Surrender because he was working with a talented HK fight choreographer. The best I've ever seen Sho fightwise would probably be a toss up between Revenge of the Ninja and Ninja III: The Domination, two pretty good US made action films. 8)

Archived