Can you think of one super star, male or female who never played a villain?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Did Don Wong Tao ever play the villain?

After checking his filmography on IMDb, I'd say in Drunken Tai Chi.

I think John Liu was the bad guy in Trinity Goes East.

I'm pretty sure that Polly Shang Kuan Ling Feng and Chia Ling never played villains. I think Angela Mao played the villainess *once*.

She played a villain in Snake Deadly Act but she doesn't get much screen time.

I don't think Tan Tao Liang or Ho Chung Tao have ever played villains?.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Being a con artist and a villain are two different categories.Fu sheng's character was looking to get over on people but not cause them physical harm or betray his country.He also played as a con artist in Magnificent Wanderers but he was a patriot at heart which is why he joined up with David Chiang's character.

To further my point...Do you consider David Chiang's Wei Feng role in Shaolin Mantis as a villain? His family was at the mercy of the manchurian emperor so he did what he did to save his family.

Ignoring the awful real life con artists who pray upon the innocent,  regarding Fu Sheng in Legendary Weapons... you have a point. 

In Shaolin Mantis, Wai Feng ultimately accepts his responsibility and when I understood that, I saw the films' villain. 

She played a villain in Snake Deadly Act but she doesn't get much screen time.

I don't think Tan Tao Liang or Ho Chung Tao have ever played villains?.

Dorian Tan was the villain in BLOODED TREASURY FIGHT and SHOWDOWN AT COTTON MILL.

This is one of those threads that humbles me more than I already am on my MA film knowledge. You guys answering this are just so knowledgable on this stuff, I love it.

There are people I think of, but the truth is I haven't seen enough of anyone's career to really even take a stab at it! 

Morgoth Bauglir

This is one of those threads that humbles me more than I already am on my MA film knowledge. You guys answering this are just so knowledgable on this stuff, I love it.

There are people I think of, but the truth is I haven't seen enough of anyone's career to really even take a stab at it! 

i don't think Roc Tien ever played a villain. GDYY has done a thread like this a few times before, so I already know the answers :D

I don't think Meng Fei played a villain.  

Meng Fei played as an asssassin in Green Jade Statuette so there goes that theory.Tien Peng aka Roc Tien has always played as a heroic swordsman type or avenger so I think you're right on that one but I can't say for certain because I've seen most of his movies but not his entire filmography .

Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't seen Green Jade in awhile, but doesn't he fight the main bad guy at the end of the movie?  If so he can't be totally bad.  I'll have to watch it again soon.  

Ignoring the awful real life con artists who pray upon the innocent,  regarding Fu Sheng in Legendary Weapons... you have a point. 

In Shaolin Mantis, Wai Feng ultimately accepts his responsibility and when I understood that, I saw the films' villain. 

For the record though,Con artists don't discriminate from the innocent or the guilty.Whoever is available to hit up for the most revenue.

One Armed Boxer

GDYY has done a thread like this a few times before, so I already know the answers :D

& all those threads are now merged into one, for your viewing pleasure.:tongueout

Dorian Tan was the villain in BLOODED TREASURY FIGHT and SHOWDOWN AT COTTON MILL.

Thanks for clearing that up Doc.

I haven't seen Green Jade in awhile, but doesn't he fight the main bad guy at the end of the movie?  If so he can't be totally bad.  I'll have to watch it again soon. 

Just because someone fights the main bad guy at the finale doesn't change their modus operandi.Villains clash amongst each other as well as with the good guys.This is prevalent in either movies,books,or comics.Green Jade Statuette is no different.

Morgoth Bauglir

I agree that having a character fight the main bad guy doesn't make them good, but it's just that I don't remember Meng Fei being totally a villain in Green Jade.  But I'm probably wrong on this.  I spent an hour looking for the movie last night and couldn't find it, and the search continues today!

Killer Meteor

I'd go wth Ho Chung Tao as well.

He played a Japanese villain in an early basher - I think it was Triangular Duel. 

I know he played a henchman in a few old schools films, but did Yuen Biao ever play a lead villain?

In the Japanese film Setting Sun, I believe.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I do not think he was a baddie in this film.

I now know this as a fact in my minds eye.

Phillip KO was a baddie whom Meng fought several times.

Another great   Lee Tso-Nam  outing.

562a71804e8f2_GreenJadeStatuette1978-41-

GD Y-Y

IslandWarriors+1981-31-b.jpg

He played a Japanese villain in an early basher - I think it was Triangular Duel. 

Thanks for the posting this:smile. I should have guessed he played a villain, especially when starting his career as a stuntman/extra.

I do not think he was a bad in this film.

I now know this as a fact in my mind

Phillp KO was a baddie whom Meng fought several times.

Another great   Lee Tso-Nam  outing.

562a71804e8f2_GreenJadeStatuette1978-41-

GD Y-Y

IslandWarriors+1981-31-b.jpg

This is a matter of opinon because people seem to think that if someone is an assassin it doesn't count as a bad person if they're played by someone who is a babyface like Meng fei.Even on the poster is the alternate title:"killer's game" Meng fei was a contract killer in that movie who was in conflict with other killers that were worse in comparison to him so  if that makes him a good guy then maybe I need a career change.He did have a sense of ethics and a code he went by but still he was paid to kill.He went after the main baddie because he violated him and his coda.

Archived