Can you think of one super star, male or female who never played a villain?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Hah! Never found this thread before.

Okay, I know Yuen Biao has played numerous thugs throughout the early part of his career but I don't remember him ever playing a main villain or evil right-hand man.

And I don't remember Michelle Yeoh ever playing a villainess.

Drunken Monk

Okay, I know Yuen Biao has played numerous thugs throughout the part of his career but I don't remember him ever playing a main villain or evil right-hand man.

He kind of plays an evil right hand man in "Invincible Armour," though it's not much of a part.

BlackLamaFaction

How about Cliff Lok, I know he played a lot of small roles early in his career but as far as his major roles was he ever bad? Or Alexander Lo Rei, he just has good guy written all over him. Or Chi Kuan Chun, the closest to a bad guy I ever saw him play was Green Jade Statuette, but he was still a good guy. And he pretended to be bad in Eagles Claw.

How about Cliff Lok, I know he played a lot of small roles early in his career but as far as his major roles was he ever bad? Or Alexander Lo Rei, he just has good guy written all over him. Or Chi Kuan Chun, the closest to a bad guy I ever saw him play was Green Jade Statuette, but he was still a good guy. And he pretended to be bad in Eagles Claw.

Cliff Lok was a bad guy in Killer From Above and also in Shaolin Death Squads as part of the "Earth and Sky" duo.

Chi Kuan Chun was also a bad guy in Shanghai 13 with that Leopard Claw of his.

BlackLamaFaction
Chi Kuan Chun was a bad guy in Drunken Monkey.

You mean the 2002 film? I still have never seen that, Iv'e heard it was pretty good.

Cliff Lok was a bad guy in Killer From Above and also in Shaolin Death Squads as part of the "Earth and Sky" duo.

Chi Kuan Chun was also a bad guy in Shanghai 13 with that Leopard Claw of his.

I was wrong about Cliff Lok too. :crossedlips: I haven't seen Killer from Above or Death Squads. I would like to see Lok as a villain though

You mean the 2002 film? I still have never seen that, Iv'e heard it was pretty good.

Yeah, LKL's 2002 film. Opinions on it seem divided, but I really enjoyed it.

Okay, I know Yuen Biao has played numerous thugs throughout the early part of his career but I don't remember him ever playing a main villain or evil right-hand man.

Yeoh did - in Heroic Trio - although later Wonder Woman swayed her to a change of heart....:)

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Who amongst all the great female kung fu stars was not a villain?

Well now so many come to mind who were not.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I can not think of anyone, except.

John Liu.

I have seen most of his films and never remember him as a baddie.

Actor (20 films)
  Great Boxer (1972) ... Yanoryu Karateka 
  The Secret Rivals (1976) ... Shao Yi Fei 
  Snuff-Bottle Connection (1977) ... Shao Ting Shang 
  The Instant Kung Fu Man (1977) ... Wu Kam 
  The Invincible Armour (1977) ... General Chow Wu Fung 
  The Secret Rivals, Part II (1977) ... Hsiao Yi Fei 
  The Invincible Kung Fu Trio (1978) ... Luk Ah-Chai 
  Shaolin Ex Monk (1978) ... Ling Chu Fei 
  Two Great Cavaliers (1978) ... Ou Yang Chun 
  Struggle Through Death (1979) ... Lung Kang 
  Incredible Kung Fu Mission (1979) ... Shao Ting Kang 
  The Dragon, the Hero (1979) ... Tu Wu Shen 
  Death Duel of Kung Fu (1979) ... Sung Hsin 
  The Mar's Villa (1979) ... Ma Tien Lang 
  Fighting Ace (1979) ... Chee Kao 
  In the Claws of the CIA (1981) ... John Liu / James Liu [2 Roles] 
  Northern Kicks, Southern Fists (1981) ... Shao Yu Pai 
  Zen Kwun Do Strikes in Paris (1981)  
  Dragon Blood (1982) ... Liu 
  Trinity Goes East (1998) ... Paschy

GD Y-Y

I think John Liu was the bad guy in Trinity Goes East.

I'm pretty sure that Polly Shang Kuan Ling Feng and Chia Ling never played villains. I think Angela Mao played the villainess *once*.

I think that I agree with DrNgor regarding Shan Kuan Ling Fung and Chia Ling.

Also, in all the movies I saw with Cheung Ching Ching, I don't remember to have seen her playing a villainess, but some of her movies are still missing in my collection...

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I think that I agree with DrNgor regarding Shan Kuan Ling Fung and Chia Ling.

Also, in all the movies I saw with Cheung Ching Ching, I don't remember to have seen her playing a villainess, but some of her movies are still missing in my collection...

Right.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I think John Liu was the bad guy in Trinity Goes East.

I'm pretty sure that Polly Shang Kuan Ling Feng and Chia Ling never played villains. I think Angela Mao played the villainess *once*.

Thanks.

GD Y-Y

Hsia Kwan Li of the Leg fighters, Invincible kung fu sticks,and The Woman avenger never played as a baddie neither.Although her career was relatively short,She was always a"Good Girl" I don't think Chia Ling aka Judy Lee ever did either.Always the heroine.

Unless someone can prove me wrong otherwise.

As for the males...Right now off the top of my head I don't think our beloved Alexander Fu Sheng ever played as a heel either.You can't count his role in Life Gamble as a bad guy because he was more of an Antihero at best.It's open for debate though...

I wonder if Sun Chia Lin (Suen Ga Lam) ever played anything else than good heroines in her movies. I saw a few of her martial arts movies and she played heroines, but there are so many titles that I haven't watched that maybe she played a villainess and I'm not aware of. Does anyone have any idea ?

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

As for the males...Right now off the top of my head I don't think our beloved Alexander Fu Sheng ever played as a heel either.You can't count his role in Life Gamble as a bad guy because he was more of an Antihero at best.It's open for debate though...

What about the con man in Legendary Weapons of China? He wasn't very nice...funny as hell, but not very nice. 

What about the con man in Legendary Weapons of China? He wasn't very nice...funny as hell, but not very nice. 

Being a con artist and a villain are two different categories.Fu sheng's character was looking to get over on people but not cause them physical harm or betray his country.He also played as a con artist in Magnificent Wanderers but he was a patriot at heart which is why he joined up with David Chiang's character.

To further my point...Do you consider David Chiang's Wei Feng role in Shaolin Mantis as a villain? His family was at the mercy of the manchurian emperor so he did what he did to save his family.

When I saw the title of this thread, I almost immediately thought of John Liu. Apparently he has played a villain, so maybe Fu Sheng. Stephen Chow?

Archived