Can you think of one super star, male or female who never played a villain?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I was wondering which MAJOR male kung fu stars played only good guys in the movies.

Only one name comes to mind:

JIMMY WANG YU.

I know Jakie Chan played a villian in Killer Meteors with Jimmy Wang Yu so he does not have a perfect record.

Can you all think of any other MAJOR stars who accomplished this question.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about guys like Wong Tao, Tan Tao Liang and John Liu? I don't recall any villain parts from either of those guys, although it's quite possible I just haven't seen their villain parts. Or I have and just don't remember them.

Killer Meteor
I was wondering which MAJOR male kung fu stars played only good guys in the movies.

Only one name comes to mind:

JIMMY WANG YU.

I know Jakie Chan played a villian in Killer Meteors with Jimmy Wang Yu so he does not have a perfect record.

Can you all think of any other MAJOR stars who accomplished this question.

GD Y-Y

Jimmy is a baddy in Fantasy Mission Force

TheManInWhite

"What about guys like Wong Tao, Tan Tao Liang and John Liu?"

Not sure Wong or Liu has, but Tan Tao Liang has played a villain a few times (Showdown at the Cotton Mill for one).

Fu Sheng is one who hasn't played the role of an out-and-out villain. Bruce Lee also has not.

RE: Bruce Lee. This may not count since it was a Hollywood film, but Bruce played a bad guy in MARLOWE (1969) and did employ kung fu. He used chops and kicks on the furniture in Philip Marlowe's office in the Bradbury Building. And later attacked Marlowe (James Garner), using kung fu, on a penthouse balcony or something.

ironfistedmonk
What about David Chiang? I haven't seen every film he's made but the ones I have he's always played a good guy.

Good call, I don't remember any bad guy roles for Chiang, although he was working for the Ching in Shaolin Mantis.

Chinatown Kid

I don't Think Jet Li ever played a bad guy except in his US debut in Lethal Weapon 4 did he? Ho Chung Tao nor Billy Chong ever played a villain that I can recall.

I don't Think Jet Li ever played a bad guy except in his US debut in Lethal Weapon 4 did he?

Depends if you consider his character in THE WARLORDS a bad guy. I'm not sure myself. Plus there's THE MUMMY 3, which I haven't seen.

Morgoth Bauglir
Meng Fei?

Nice one. I can't think of a movie where he played a bad guy. Didn't ti Lung always play a good guy? Blood Brothers is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where he didn't play a good guy.

Chinatown Kid
Depends if you consider his character in THE WARLORDS a bad guy. I'm not sure myself. Plus there's THE MUMMY 3, which I haven't seen.

Haven't seen those two films so you got me there. :)

Chinatown Kid

Besides Showdown at the Cottonmill, Tan also played a bad guy in Godfathers of Fury and Bloodied Treasury Fight. He was also in with a bunch of crooks but had a heart of gold in Tattoo Connection lol.

Morgoth Bauglir

I could be misremembering but that was a thread on actors who have never died in their movies (and they had to be in at least 10 movies or something) I think John Liu was the only one who made it out of there alive. And now that I think of it, I don't remember Seagal ever dying, but I haven't watched any of his movies in a long time so I could be wrong.

Morgoth Bauglir
I don't Think Jet Li ever played a bad guy except in his US debut in Lethal Weapon 4 did he? Ho Chung Tao nor Billy Chong ever played a villain that I can recall.

I can't think of any for those guys, except The One, and that movie War jet kind of played a bad guy. What about Bruce Le?

Killer Meteor
Nice one. I can't think of a movie where he played a bad guy. Didn't ti Lung always play a good guy? Blood Brothers is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where he didn't play a good guy.

Can't think of any besides Blood Brothers

How about the opposite? Any actors who only played villians?

Almost all of our heroes have played a negative role of some sort.I haven't seen Trinity Goes East but some people say John Liu is the main villain.Tan Tao of course is the main villain in Showdown.Bruce Le is a villain in the bollywood film Kaatilon Ke Kaatil (the killer of killers) he played a rowdy potential rapist whose ass was whipped (unconvincingly) by Dharmendra the hero.Li Yi Min is the main villain in Life Gamble and I think his character was dubious in Shaolin Iron Claws.David Chang was bad bad bad in Shaolin Mantis it was a plot from the villain's point of view the clansmen were the good guys.Didn't Ho Chung Tao play bit parts before the Bruce Li craze, if so chances are he could have been one of those henchmen who surround heroes/heroines in major fights.

Billy Chong we don't know yet but we can always find out especially now that he is getting old.

Archived