Richard Ng films

thehangman

Can anyone recommend some good Richard Ng films?

I've seen all the films he has done with Sammo.

The Pom pom films

My cousin the ghost

it takes two

Maginificent warriors

Police assassins

Anymore worth seeing?

Edited by thehangman

masterofoneinchpunch

Can anyone recommend some good Richard Ng films?

I've seen all the films he has done with Sammo.

The Pom pom films

My cousin the ghost

it takes two

Maginificent warriors

Police assassins

Anymore worth seeing?

I think he is pretty funny so anything he is in tends to be worth watching at least for him and most of what I have seen him in is supporting roles.  Sometimes I see a Peter Sellers influence (like how you can sometimes see a Jacques Tati influence on Sellers), but he adds his own characterizations. There are some important films with him in it listed below.

While it is a Michael Hui film you should see The Private Eyes as it is one of the most important of the Hong Kong comedies from the 1970s.

I'm surprised you did not see Millionaire's Express (Shanghai Express on the Dragon Dynasty release -- same name as the semi-famous Marlene Dietrich film also worth watching.)  Sammo Hung is in this and directed it so I can see it as a much watch for you.

Of course you should see the Lucky Stars series: Winners and Sinners, My Lucky Stars (I've only seen the first two, but there are more.)

If you like Jackie Chan then you should definitely see Mr. Canton and Lady Rose (aka Miracles aka Black Dragon)

I see a lot more I like in his filmography but I stop when the ones I have listed.

yeah seen all those aswell,would like to see winner takes all from the 70's which i havent seen yet

Winner Takes All is pretty funny. A lot of familiar Sammo associates from this time pop up in the cast, even Sammo himself.

Richard Ng is great no matter the film, but I've not seen everything he's been involved in.

Edited by Asmo

I got a copy of Winner Takes All from a trade, a while ago now. It's not the best quality but it's not unwatchable.

Haven't seen Money Crazy, myself.

Edited by Asmo

I loved him in Carry on Pickpocket, the first three Lucky Stars movies, Wheels on Meals, Pom Pom, The Millionaires' Express, The Magnificent Warriors, Mr Canton & Lady Rose, and License to Steal.

Richard Ng is great, I loved his cameo in Wheels On Meals.

I was surprised to see him turn up in the Tomb Raider sequel Cradle Of Life. He has lived in the U.K since 1997 and had quite a bit of work on British adverts and other T.V related productions.

Good ol' Richard Ng. I think his best work was in Winners and Sinners, what with the legendary invisible man sequence and the bizarre boxing shuffle bit during the mansion fight.

The Sammo/Richard Ng cameo in Yes, Madam was just weird, as it had all the hallmarks of a "comic" scene in which they were going to molest the pretty nurse, but turns out to be a scheme to eat junk food.

• Like 3

Good ol' Richard Ng. I think his best work was in Winners and Sinners, what with the legendary invisible man sequence and the bizarre boxing shuffle bit during the mansion fight.

The Sammo/Richard Ng cameo in Yes, Madam was just weird, as it had all the hallmarks of a "comic" scene in which they were going to molest the pretty nurse, but turns out to be a scheme to eat junk food.

The boxing shuffle is one classic scene Id forgotten about until reading your post. I used to let my younger cousins watch my collection of Jackie Chan films and they developed a love for Richard Ng due to his comedic roles.

There's a scene with Richard Ng in a full body cast being carried by the other casts member in Winners & Sinners. They cut this scene out along with a few others befor it was released in cinemas. Loved to know how it fitted into the rest of the story etc.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

This movie (featuring Lee Hoi-San and Addy Sung Gam-Loi) looks promising. Whoever runs HKMDB should feel free to add these images to the movie's photo gallery.

rl1.jpg

rl2.jpg

• Like 2