Cold War 2 (2016)

DiP

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of http://www.jaynestars.com/

There has been talk about bringing in Chow to play the unrevealed lead villain from the first film. I have not read if it was confirmed or not. I hope its true though. I just re-watched this movie and its even better the 2nd time. I really love how sophisticated these new films have become. Mindless actio is fun. But I really love films that make me think.

Production has begun on the sequel to 2012's Cold War. Returning from the original are Aaron Kwok, Tony Leung Ka-Fai, Charlie Yeung, Eddie Peng, and Aarif Rahman. Directors Longman Leung and Sunny Luk are directing again and Chin Kar-Lok is back as action director. The new film will also have Chow Yun-Fat in an unspecified role.

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2015/10/20151012-cold-war-2-begins-produciton.html

Watched both this one and first film this weekend. Both are very talky movies, more concerned with policemen yelling at each other, meetings in conference rooms, political machinations, and intense interrogation sequences than actual action sequences. I found the action in the first film to be pretty conventional. The second film was a lot more interesting, although I wish it had resolved all of its conflicts--and can someone tell me how Eddie Peng's character survived getting shot so many times? The car tunnel shootout was pretty cool and claustrophobic, but the finale is more conventional in its execution.

I recovered this film. I hadn't seen the first one but it doesn't help to understand this second. It's not bad, but it's too full of rhetoric about the police that the Chinese like so much. all this pride and rhetoric around certain figures of power can fill. They are very "cold" movies that are seen for some good action scene (you can't expect a Johnny To movie). Kwok seems to be made of marble, he can laugh only once, the rest of the film seems to have died the cat. Leung is always the usual, he puts his charisma into it but he always does the usual parts. Chow stands out above all, but they are not films suitable for him. Visible but not exceptional; for many non-oriental people, arrogance and pomp would result. Ps.how Eddie Peng manages to survive is pure science fiction

Archived