Shaolin Drunk Fighter

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Shaolin Drunk Fighter is one of those movies you can watch once a year and always be thrilled by it.

To me this is a masterpiece.

If you have not seen it, do so.

It is on YouTube.

Lead actor Jacky Liu Hong-Yi

561546bdd880c_ShaolinDrunkFighter1983-15

Its interesting that the lead actor was in only 7 films.

Filmography (1978-1983)

Actor (7 films)
  Funny Kung Fu (1978) ... Liu Bu-Tsai 
  Edge of Fury (1978)  
  Kung Fu Master Named Drunk Cat (1978)  
  The Final Duel (1980)  
  Absolute Monarch (1980)  
  Twins (1981)  
  Shaolin Drunk Fighter (1983) ... Huang Chih Yeh/Wu Yin

Its interesting that the actor who played Tiger Kou was also in only 7 films.

GD Y-Y

561545b216456_ShaolinDrunkFighter1983-17

Filmography (1979-1983)

Action Director (2 films)
  Monkey Kung Fu (1979)  
  Crystal Fist (1979)  

Actor (7 films)
  Sun Dragon (1979) ... Hau 
  Crystal Fist (1979) ... Ah Wen's father 
  Snake in the Monkey's Shadow (1979) ... Teacher Ho 
  Five Superfighters (1979) ... Master Wan Tian Hang 
  Monkey Kung Fu (1979) ... Zhou (Gibbon pupil) 
  Super Power (1980) ... Kang Si Man 
  Shaolin Drunk Fighter (1983) ... Tiger Kuo

Here is  a different cover.

1683.thumb.jpg.a019753e0c6793d0200f9aa5e

Edited 28 minutes ago by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Morgoth Bauglir

• Lizardlady

• Cognoscente

Maybe I overthink this but this movie ALWAYS cracks me up when the main character & his teacher, fresh out of a fight & running from Tiger Kuo's men come upon a Japanese woman bouncing down a forest path & the first thing she asks them is if they have seen a Japanese man.  The fugitives ask what he looks like & she replies he is her brother & his name is Lu Shing Yi Pu.  She turns around & prances back into the forest.  I mean... if she & her super samurai brother came to China from Japan, what is she doing wandering around in the woods alone?  Why did he ditch her in the woods?  Lu Shing Yi Pu always sounds like the pet name for a small dog, lol.  Hau Chiu-Sing (Tiger Kuo) looks terrible in this movie.  Maybe its all makup & his kung fu is good but he looks like he is puffed up with water or gained his body weight in fat!  He is one of my all time favorite drunk fighters.  He played the Master Ho in Snake in Monkey's Shadow.  Shaolin Drunk Fighter appears to be his last appearance.  According to HKMDB he was a mainland soccer tar before he got into films.  I like this move, too, but I like a lot of others, better :)

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Maybe I overthink this but this movie ALWAYS cracks me up when the main character & his teacher, fresh out of a fight & running from Tiger Kuo's men come upon a Japanese woman bouncing down a forest path & the first thing she asks them is if they have seen a Japanese man.  The fugitives ask what he looks like & she replies he is her brother & his name is Lu Shing Yi Pu.  She turns around & prances back into the forest.  I mean... if she & her super samurai brother came to China from Japan, what is she doing wandering around in the woods alone?  Why did he ditch her in the woods?  Lu Shing Yi Pu always sounds like the pet name for a small dog, lol.  Hau Chiu-Sing (Tiger Kuo) looks terrible in this movie.  Maybe its all makup & his kung fu is good but he looks like he is puffed up with water or gained his body weight in fat!  He is one of my all time favorite drunk fighters.  He played the Master Ho in Snake in Monkey's Shadow.  Shaolin Drunk Fighter appears to be his last appearance.  According to HKMDB he was a mainland soccer tar before he got into films.  I like this move, too, but I like a lot of others, better :)

YES SIRY RE BOB!
GD Y-Y

Edited by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Morgoth Bauglir

Hau Chiu Sing plays the villain in Shaolin Drunk Fighter.  He put on a lot of weight but still gives a great fighting performance.