Carter Wong

FrankBolte

ThunderScore

This was a straight to video release that was kinda interesting. There's also a pretty good article on him in the last issue of MARTIAL ARTS MOVIES...

picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=546

• Like 1

He has such a bad-ass look to him. He was perfect in Big Touble in Little China, I really liked Born Invincible too.

• Like 1

Last movie I saw Carter was the terrible B-movie sequel Tiger Claws 3, in which he played Master Jin, a kung fu master who teaches the deadly "Black Tiger" style to Tiger Claw detective Tarek Richards (played by series star Jalal Merhi), in an effort to stop three supernatural fighters that were unleashed by Stryker, played by Loren Avedon.

I think the movie came out in 1999.

• Like 1

Shaolin Chamber 36

Thanks for sharing those images. I always enjoyed Carter Wong, he was one of the first persons movies I sought after when first getting into Kung Fu movies.

• Like 1

Omni Dragon

Just got into Carter Wong about 2 weeks ago & i've seen The 8 Masters, The Blazing Temple, The Shaolin Invincibles & Killer of Snanke Fox of Shaolin in that order.

• Like 1

I saw a sort of-recent photo of Carter Wong a few years ago and...his knuckles. :ooh: Damn, his knuckles were crazy looking, as if he'd been jabbing a steel plate all his life. You can tell he has a powerful strike just by looking at them. Anyone seen the pic I'm talking about?

Thanks for those pics, by the way, Franky.

• Like 1

I saw a sort of-recent photo of Carter Wong a few years ago and...his knuckles. :ooh: Damn, his knuckles were crazy looking, as if he'd been jabbing a steel plate all his life. You can tell he has a powerful strike just by looking at them. Anyone seen the pic I'm talking about?

Thanks for those pics, by the way, Franky.

How about this? Carter-and-Tino.jpg

• Like 1

That was on Bey Logan's blog. Nice find. Carter needs to get some ointment.

Yeah thats right it was on Bey's blog (http://www.dragondynasty.com/blog/show/46) it was the second image on images.google.co.uk

here's the first CarterWong.jpg Carter with some Wushu 武術 guys you can see a bit of his knuckles but not as good as the first

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

I like him best in the early GH films, like Hapkido, When Taekwondo Strikes and to some extent The Skyhawk!

The two Shaolin Bronzemen flicks are kinda cool. Never liked Born Invincible, but a lot of people do!

• Like 1

kungfusamurai
How about this? Carter-and-Tino.jpg

Holy crap, look at the callouses on his knuckles! What does he practice on? Granite? I might not be a fan of his movies, but I'll be damned if I criticized them to his face. :)

KFS

• Like 1

Never liked Born Invincible, but a lot of people do!

I'm in the "don't like Born Invincible" group. Too much damn overcranking in the fight scenes for my taste. A very overrated movie, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Jesse Smooth
Holy crap, look at the callouses on his knuckles! What does he practice on? Granite? I might not be a fan of his movies, but I'll be damned if I criticized them to his face. :)

Hello...Mr. Wong. Can I pleeeeze get your autograph? I just want you to know that you and all your movies SUCK!

:wink:

kungfusamurai
Hello...Mr. Wong. Can I pleeeeze get your autograph? I just want you to know that you and all your movies SUCK!

LOL! Nah, I wouldn't be like that. I like his early 70s material, and it was cool seeing him in Big Trouble In Little China, but most everything else in between is just so so for me. Maybe I'd kid around and ask him how much helium he had to inhale to do the voice for Born Invincible. :)

KFS

• Like 1

Didn't Bey Logan say his nickname was watermelon because all he could do was flex? (Not saying that Bey called him that)

Jesse Smooth
LOL! Nah, I wouldn't be like that. I like his early 70s material, and it was cool seeing him in Big Trouble In Little China, but most everything else in between is just so so for me. Maybe I'd kid around and ask him how much helium he had to inhale to do the voice for Born Invincible. :)

KFS

I agree with you on the GH stuff. Though I think he and Ron Van Clief got into a legit fight on the Way of the Black Dragon set, they ended up respecting one another. Well, Ron had good things to say about him I think.

ev2l7qXaBjc

• Like 1

Thanks for the interview Jesse Smooth but i've already seen it.

• Like 1